Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>First 'Snow' of the Year Heading in Today
Msdunny 09:56 AM 02-20-2020
It just started sleeting. This is our first, and probably only, 'snow' of the season. Schools are getting out early and will most likely be closed tomorrow. We call it snow around here, but it is really just freezing rain and ice.

Forecasters are calling for the 60's by Tuesday.

Is it any wonder our kids can't get well!

Come on, Spring!!
Reply
Cat Herder 11:42 AM 02-20-2020
It just started here, too. And with all this standing water about to freeze overnight, it should make for an interesting morning.
Reply
Blackcat31 12:01 PM 02-20-2020
What is this Spring you speak of?

We have almost 80” of snow so far and March is the snowiest month ...

It was -27F/-32C here this morning.
It was a crunchy drive into work

But it’s supposed to be 37F tomorrow!
Yay! A 60-65 degree temperature swing
Reply
Valerie928 02:18 PM 02-20-2020
From upstate ny here. If your "snow" decides not to show up you can borrow some of ours😉
Reply
Ariana 07:54 PM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by Valerie928:
From upstate ny here. If your "snow" decides not to show up you can borrow some of ours😉
I am about 2-3 hours North of you! We havenít had as much snow this year as last year. We still have March though
Reply
Josiegirl 02:34 AM 02-21-2020
Ugh.
Winter.
Go away.
NOW.

It's -10 F this a.m. But is predicted to be 25 F by noon. Next week in the 40's and I can't wait!!

We truly haven't had that much snow, lakes are iffy as far as ice-fishing safety goes due to the not-as-cold-as-it-could-be weather. But as someone said March can be particularly snowy.

I don't care. I just want spring to come. It's time to see green, plant seeds, feel the warm dirt again, mow the lawn, see flowers bloom, watch the robins have new families above my front outdoor light. It's just time.
Reply
Msdunny 05:50 AM 02-21-2020
Ugh! So we ended up with enough snow/ice to make bridges unsafe but not enough to make anyone actually stay home. Schools are closed, but not daycares. I wonít even START the conversation of parents who canít be bothered (even though they are off today) to spend a snow day with their kiddo. And MsDunny doesnít play in snow. Nope.

But at least it was a pretty snow. And you ladies who do feet of snow...bless you. Bless you mightily!
Reply
Ariana 09:33 AM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by Msdunny:
Ugh! So we ended up with enough snow/ice to make bridges unsafe but not enough to make anyone actually stay home. Schools are closed, but not daycares. I wonít even START the conversation of parents who canít be bothered (even though they are off today) to spend a snow day with their kiddo. And MsDunny doesnít play in snow. Nope.

But at least it was a pretty snow. And you ladies who do feet of snow...bless you. Bless you mightily!
I love snow! I honestly could not live without it
Reply
Cat Herder 10:42 AM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I love snow! I honestly could not live without it
I wish we got snow. It is always crunchy, stabby, slickery ice sheets that have to be pounded into shards then swept if you can manage to stay on your feet and not pass out from blood loss. There is not one smidge of fun to be found. The dogs loathe it too, so it makes taking them out to do their business super fun.
Reply
CenterTeacher20 10:45 AM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by Msdunny:
But at least it was a pretty snow. And you ladies who do feet of snow...bless you. Bless you mightily!
North Dakota here!-- we get feet at a time! Our first "snow day" this season was October 11th! (And then we didn't get any more snow after that until mid November )

We've had about 4 or 5 snow days this year. Nothing compared to last year! Our last one was last week Wednesday. We close when schools do, though, but I'm at a center. I wonder how many more snow days we'll get this year.

There's a good 3 to 5 feet of snow in all areas that are not the road or the sidewalk right now. Even bigger drifts in yards.
Reply
Msdunny 10:49 AM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I wish we got snow. It is always crunchy, stabby, slickery ice sheets that have to be pounded into shards then swept if you can manage to stay on your feet and not pass out from blood loss. There is not one smidge of fun to be found. The dogs loathe it too, so it makes taking them out to do their business super fun.
Girl, I feel your pain...literally!!
Reply
Tags:weather closings
Reply Up