Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wwyd
Unregistered 05:08 AM 12-22-2014
Alright opinions please! Last day of work for 2014, only had 2 of the children show. These two get along very well and play together very well would you spend the day doing lots of actitivies with the 2 the showed very teacher led. Or let them play while you got some things done around the house, paper work for end of the year etc.
Play Care 05:34 AM 12-22-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Alright opinions please! Last day of work for 2014, only had 2 of the children show. These two get along very well and play together very well would you spend the day doing lots of actitivies with the 2 the showed very teacher led. Or let them play while you got some things done around the house, paper work for end of the year etc.
I would do a mix, honestly. I'd probably make the couple provider led things I did a little more special than the usual so I could get the other things done guilt free.
cara041083 05:37 AM 12-22-2014
Both. I always try to do extra things when I only have 1 or 2 so the kids feEl special. Then I can also get my stuff done.
Blackcat31 06:20 AM 12-22-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
What would YOU normally do when only 2 children showed up?

Sounds like you are looking for validation for not wanting to do much with them today...and wanting to do other things instead.

It's your business. Do what you need to do.
daycarediva 06:49 AM 12-22-2014
I would do what I usually do. During free play, I'd probably do some paperwork and cleaning that I normally can't get done with more kids present.
Play Care 06:51 AM 12-22-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
What would YOU normally do when only 2 children showed up?

Sounds like you are looking for validation for not wanting to do much with them today...and wanting to do other things instead.

It's your business. Do what you need to do.
I don't wanna work, I just want to bang on the drum all day....
Unregistered 08:11 AM 12-22-2014
Three of mine are here, all varying degrees of sick, the same snotty nose a different child had last week. And now my eyes are all watery and my throat is scratchy. Only one parent is at work. One tossed a bottle of stuffy nose med in the cubby and left me a message that it is there. She even filled out the med form. BUT the med expired a year and a half ago.
I guess I know what I am getting for Christmas.
finsup 09:50 AM 12-22-2014
I'd do a mix...maybe make/decorate some cookies with them and then after that just let them play
Josiegirl 10:47 AM 12-22-2014
I would've also done a mix, getting more personal stuff done while also making some things with them. OR I would've sat them in front of Wiggles Christmas, fed them lots of sugar cookies around 4 this afternoon and said Merry Christmas!!

I have 8 right now(1 already left) and it's basically been crowd control and boo-boo prevention.
AmyKidsCo 12:55 PM 12-22-2014
Mix - I'd get out some new toys or supplies and let them have at it. But I'm play based to begin with and don't do much teacher-led in a regular day.
Reply Up