Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sad Day for Mama!
JJPlaycare 12:07 PM 09-07-2010
Sent my first born to Kindergarten this am! This has been the longest day of my life! I know she will love it and do great, she was more than ready, just tough on the mom! It is all day everyday here - going to be some long, quiet days around here! I send my 2nd born to Pre K next week!!
Lilbutterflie 12:34 PM 09-07-2010
I just sent my first born to kindergarten a couple weeks ago, and I was not prepared for how emotional I was about it!! I paced all day long, wondering how her day went. Well, this is week 3 for her, and she is doing FANTASTIC! I no longer pace the floor when she is gone, and it's nice to get a little break. I am so happy for this new chapter in her life, and so proud of her!
Hang in there, after a couple of days you will have a new outlook!
grandmom 01:38 PM 09-07-2010
As child care providers, we see moms leave their children every day with us. I think sending our own to K gives us some tiny insight into what most moms go through when they leave their infants/toddlers/etc with us for the first time. Pulls at our heart strings so much.

I've cried right along with the moms when taking DC kids to K. It's so hard.
Unregistered 05:11 PM 09-07-2010
I remeber watching my first born get on the bus to kindergarden like it was no big deal and there I stood crying like a baby now he will be graduateing 5th grade this year and heading to middle school Im sure I will cry that day too. My 2nd child jumped out my van the first day of kindergarden looked at me said I love you and I wanna walk to class by myself I drove off crying like a baby. Now I just have 1 baby left at home with me she has 3 more years before heading to kindergarden I know it will be just as hard maybe even harder because she is our last baby and our only girl.
kitkat 06:23 PM 09-07-2010
DS started last school year in 4K and then was moved up to Kdg after Thanksgiving. I was so composed on the outside, but inside I was a mess! It is so hard to let go and let them spread their wings.

Like Lilbutterflie said, it is a nice break. I have just girls now and what a difference! However, I struggle when DS comes home from school. He seems to raise the energy level at least 3 times what it was during the day.

Grandmom: I'm with ya! I always get sad when a dck starts school. I'm happy for them, but they seem so grown up to me suddenly.
Tags:kindergarten, provider children
Reply Up