Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>State Inspection Today
misslori50 09:10 AM 10-16-2013
I have my state inspections today. I still need to get my business license and a fire inspection and do my CPR first aide. I wish a money fairy would give me 300 then I could get done this month. I need to get some state referrals its like pulling teeth to get any kids.
Blackcat31 09:14 AM 10-16-2013
There is always soooo much to do and either not enough time or not enough money.

Baby steps though (and lots of smiles)....and eventually you WILL get there!

Sending good vibes for a perfect inspection!!
Maria2013 09:17 AM 10-16-2013
Originally Posted by misslori50:
I have my state inspections today. I still need to get my business license and a fire inspection and do my CPR first aide. I wish a money fairy would give me 300 then I could get done this month. I need to get some state referrals its like pulling teeth to get any kids.
Good luck to you, you'll get there you'll see
TwinKristi 09:45 AM 10-16-2013
We have to do all that stuff before licensing here in CA!
Good luck!!
Margarete 10:05 AM 10-16-2013
Check with your local child care agency. I found a few little grants that they have available locally. One for $125, and $200 worth of materials for starting up a daycare (but 25 specific training hours required I haven't met yet), and one that will pay a portion of first aid/cpr training, but they ran out of money for the fiscal year which ended in the summer when I looked into it.

There was another sizable grant that I did receive for taking ECE college classes while taking care of children, that I will continue to qualify for annually if I take 6 units a year.

Also, check if your local junior colleges offer first aid/cpr/health classes, sometimes it's cheaper that route if their schedule works for you.

It's worth looking into what is available. Good luck!
Margarete 10:18 AM 10-16-2013
http://careaboutchildcare.utah.gov/p...r/default.aspx
here is the Utah state website, you should be able to find your local agency from them.
misslori50 10:33 AM 10-16-2013
Originally Posted by Margarete:
Check with your local child care agency. I found a few little grants that they have available locally. One for $125, and $200 worth of materials for starting up a daycare (but 25 specific training hours required I haven't met yet), and one that will pay a portion of first aid/cpr training, but they ran out of money for the fiscal year which ended in the summer when I looked into it.

There was another sizable grant that I did receive for taking ECE college classes while taking care of children, that I will continue to qualify for annually if I take 6 units a year.

Also, check if your local junior colleges offer first aid/cpr/health classes, sometimes it's cheaper that route if their schedule works for you.

It's worth looking into what is available. Good luck!
There is a grant but you have to be licensed to get it
Tags:grants, grants - utah, inspection
Reply Up