Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Turbo Tax Turned Rotten? What is your 2nd choice for tax software?
Grape Ape Mom 03:12 PM 01-19-2015
I've been hearing terrible things about how Turbo Tax has raised their prices and disabled some features this year without disclosing it. Once you get in there and start working on your taxes it prompts you to upgrade to access the features needed. Because of that, I don't even want to buy it this year. What other great options are there for filing my daycare taxes myself?

April
TomCopeland 09:44 AM 01-20-2015
Originally Posted by Grape Ape Mom:
I've been hearing terrible things about how Turbo Tax has raised their prices and disabled some features this year without disclosing it. Once you get in there and start working on your taxes it prompts you to upgrade to access the features needed. Because of that, I don't even want to buy it this year. What other great options are there for filing my daycare taxes myself?

April
I don't recommend using any tax software unless: you know what it deductible, you know how much of it is deductible, and you know on which tax form and which line it is deductible.

If you are doing taxes your self, I've written my annual 2014 Family Child Care Tax Workbook and Organizer that takes you through each tax form, line by line.
AmyKidsCo 08:38 PM 01-20-2015
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
If you are doing taxes your self, I've written my annual 2014 Family Child Care Tax Workbook and Organizer that takes you through each tax form, line by line.
I totally recommend Tom Copeland's tax books! I've been in family child care for almost 20 years, in 3 different states. Some years we had accountants do our taxes and some years my husband has done them. The years he used Tom's Tax Workbook and Organizer were the EASIEST years by far! I don't think he'll do taxes without the Workbook and Organizer ever again.
Tags:tom copeland, turbo tax, turbo tax reviews
Reply Up