Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Screaming Infant. ....OMG Help
rubyecro 02:15 PM 04-17-2015
Okay, so I have a new infant, he's been here about 3 weeks and he constantly cries unless being held. I'm at my wits with it.

He will play at times, but prefers to be held. I feel awful just letting him sit and cry. but he's just crying. ...and crying. ...like, screaming!

What do I tell the parents? I feel like I need to tell them that I can no longer just hold him all day. ...I have a new infant twice a week starting and i need to get this figured out Before she starts.

Do you tell parents you just let their child scream all day?
Wednesday 02:26 PM 04-17-2015
How old is the baby?
cara041083 03:02 PM 04-17-2015
I would just tell them that its getting to a point that if you put the baby down for a min he starts to cry and if you are holding him all day it prevents you from taking care of the others. Most cases parents are holding the baby constantly at home. I will tell you, if they continue to hold the baby at home its not going to get any better. I have had to term babies before for this very reason. Most of the time they grow out of it but it just depends on if you want to wait that long.Good luck. I know it can be very stressful to listen to it all day. The down side of this job is we spend most of the time caring for these kiddos but we get stuck with the bad habits that the parents are creating.
rubyecro 04:05 PM 04-17-2015
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
How old is the baby?
He's 9 months old.
hope 06:22 PM 04-17-2015
Set rules for the parents and explain why you are doing so.

No swings, exersaucer, no being held while doing errands, no co sleeping, no rocking to sleep.

Lots of floor time and crib sleep. Simple.
Thriftylady 08:17 PM 04-17-2015
My ears hurt for you.
AuntTami 06:10 AM 04-18-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
My ears hurt for you.
Mine too. Best of luck. If you can learn to deal with the screaming for a while, he will eventually learn!
Tags:infant - crying, screaming child
Reply Up