Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Cookies Anyone?
mamamanda 12:44 PM 02-06-2018
Am I the only one who occasionally sneaks a cookie during daycare hours & prays none of the dcks notice?

What is your snack/vice that gets you through the rough days? I'm a total Oreo girl. (I do eat a healthy balanced diet most of the time.)
Pestle 12:51 PM 02-06-2018
I'm a snackaholic. I don't ever seem to sit down and EAT. I do drink tea like I breathe air. Mostly decaf or herbal, to stave off the inevitable caffeine addiction, but one cup of black tea a day. I took it up back when I worked a job with crazy deadlines and a boss who swore like a sailor and whose desk abutted mine. It was the only thing that kept me sane.

I sneak dates, cookies, malted milk, and candy. I've got a little KGB agent who peeks around the curtain and says, "What dat? Me! Me!"
hwichlaz 01:21 PM 02-06-2018
Twix....and if I'm caught I tell them it's only for grown-ups.
MarinaVanessa 01:32 PM 02-06-2018
Everyday especially now. My 13yo DD is a Girl Scout and she's selling cookies and there's no way that for $5 a box I'm sharing those with the DCK's
Baby Beluga 02:21 PM 02-06-2018
I don't sneak anything. I eat it in front of the kids *shrugs*
Cat Herder 02:36 PM 02-06-2018
Every afternoon. Coffee and a sweet before they get up from nap. I look forward to it all day. Today was a cream horn and foglifter (millstone).
racemom 04:14 PM 02-06-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
This Is me. And when they ask what I am eating I tell them my snack. Which is true, it just isn't healthy like theirs.
MomBoss 04:20 PM 02-06-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
Me too lol. They have to learn eventually that they cant have everything someone else has.
Ariana 04:51 PM 02-06-2018
Sometimes a rootbeer or a pepsi and sometimes a coffee and a treat of some sort. I love the days when I can make myself a plate of nachos and I binge watch New Girl on my ipad during nap
storybookending 05:37 PM 02-06-2018
Mini Reese’s peanut butter cups.. when I go upstairs to “check something” you better believe I’m popping one of those in my mouth. Used to be when I was checking on the baby but we don’t have any babies here anymore hahah
HappyEverAfter 05:42 PM 02-06-2018
I never eat in front of the kids. Theyre like tiny vultures and it doesn’t matter if it’s broccoli, if they see me eat it they HAVE to have a bite. Once a dck smelled a freaking cough drop on my breath and had a mini meltdown because I wouldn’t share with her. So I hide in the pantry and scarf down whatever I can quickly before I have to come out. Usually it’s nothing exciting, maybe fruit snacks, but I love when I have homemade cookies on hand to eat!
flying_babyb 06:59 PM 02-06-2018
soda! twix, doughnuts. Thank god our classroom has a floor to ceiling teacher cupboard where I can hide inside the door!
CityGarden 10:38 PM 02-06-2018
If I have a really busy weekend and Monday is tough.... I will have Coke in my tea cup.... the kids are used to me drinking tea so don't seem to notice when it's different.
Josiegirl 02:19 AM 02-07-2018
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
If I have a really busy weekend and Monday is tough.... I will have Coke in my tea cup.... the kids are used to me drinking tea so don't seem to notice when it's different.
This reminded me of one time(many many years ago) when I would pop open a can of Diet Coke several times a day. Mindlessly I grabbed another out of the fridge, cracked it open and took a big gulp. It was beer. I detest beer.

When I need a pick me up and want to sneak something, it's usually during nap time anyways and depends on what I've managed to not eat already. I'll grab graham crackers or a pb&j.
LostMyMarbles 04:11 AM 02-07-2018
Cooke zero in my yeti cup about once a week.
Werthers originals while I am washing dishes.
LysesKids 05:23 AM 02-07-2018
Only time I eat sweets is when we have a celebration (King Cake waiting for me next Tuesday), or after kids leave; I have enough issues trying to lose weight lol
Play Care 05:50 AM 02-07-2018
I wait until nap if I need to have a treat. I found frequent snacking to be a downside of WAH, so I try to eat healthy with the kids to avoid it. I like fitting into my jeans.
Miss A 05:51 AM 02-07-2018
Currently I have to battle my 16 month old DS for my morning coffee. If he hears the coffee brewing, he will stand by the counter until it is finished and he will follow me around screaming and crying for a taste of the coffee. The kid loves coffee.

During daycare? If it is a particularly rough day, I will reward myself with a can of Mt Dew during nap. It used to be daily, but I am cutting pop out, and I haven't had one in over a week. Now if only I had as much restraint when it comes to quick snacks during nap.
Blackcat31 06:37 AM 02-07-2018
I have the opposite issue... seeing and/or watching these kiddos eat causes me to lose my appetite.

But if I did want a snack or a drink, Im with Baby Beluga and would have what I want when I want and I wouldn't give the DCK's a second thought.

I'm the adult....and part of my philosophy on child rearing is that life is not fair and I will never teach a child that it is.
LostMyMarbles 08:53 AM 02-07-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I have the opposite issue... seeing and/or watching these kiddos eat causes me to lose my appetite.

But if I did want a snack or a drink, Im with Baby Beluga and would have what I want when I want and I wouldn't give the DCK's a second thought.

I'm the adult....and part of my philosophy on child rearing is that life is not fair and I will never teach a child that it is.
What? You mean everybody is not going to get a trophy?
Blackcat31 09:03 AM 02-07-2018
Originally Posted by LostMyMarbles:
What? You mean everybody is not going to get a trophy?

"...and I'd like to thank LostMyMarbles for acknowledging reality as we'd like it to be verses as is...."
daycarediva 09:53 AM 02-07-2018
Originally Posted by Play Care:
I wait until nap if I need to have a treat. I found frequent snacking to be a downside of WAH, so I try to eat healthy with the kids to avoid it. I like fitting into my jeans.
HAHA! SAME!

I finish off the kids veggies, daily. I really like them, and it helps the kids eat them more when they see them eaten and enjoyed. I make a big production if they 'eat all the veggies so I can't have any...'

nap time? Diet pepsi, everyday. Don't care.
Homebody 10:49 AM 02-07-2018
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I finish off the kids veggies, daily. I really like them, and it helps the kids eat them more when they see them eaten and enjoyed. I make a big production if they 'eat all the veggies so I can't have any...'
Reverse psychology! I like it! I have actually tried this with my own two kids though, and they usually say "go ahead eat them"...lol. I think it may work better with the toddler age group.
DaveA 11:28 AM 02-07-2018
I'm reading this thread as I'm grabbing a Little Debbie brownie for a sugar rush.
Play Care 11:14 AM 02-08-2018
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
HAHA! SAME!

nap time? Diet pepsi, everyday. Don't care.
Me too! We had broccoli today which my kids LOVE. I was annoyed they actually ate most of it and I hardly got any
But then I just had a Cadbury cream egg during nap time
But yeah, I even plan my lunches because I found myself grabbing junk after I would get the kids down. A treat now and again, sure. But I was getting into bad habit territory
mamamanda 11:58 AM 02-08-2018
Originally Posted by Play Care:
Me too! We had broccoli today which my kids LOVE. I was annoyed they actually ate most of it and I hardly got any
But then I just had a Cadbury cream egg during nap time
But yeah, I even plan my lunches because I found myself grabbing junk after I would get the kids down. A treat now and again, sure. But I was getting into bad habit territory
This sounds like me. I eat plenty of veggies & healthy food, especially with the dcks. I actually LOVE veggies. But when I'm stressed I just need an Oreo. Not everyday. But if I want one it's rarely ever during nap time. Lol its typically a result of many little ones crying, fighting over toys, etc. I feel like if I can pop one in my mouth undetected by a room full of 2 year olds I can probably conquer the world. it's empowering.
Tags:cookies, cookies for snack
Reply Up