Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Snowing Like Crazy
DCMomOf3 10:37 AM 01-13-2011
I really didn't want to spend my nap time shoveling the driveway.... Do you think I could just not? this is the first nap in a week they are all sleeping at the same time. I wanted to finally enjoy some peace.
Abigail 11:46 AM 01-13-2011
I would say just shovel the walk to the driveway and do the driveway after hours.
momatheart 12:07 PM 01-13-2011
just make a path for now. If you can redo it or have someone else redo the path around pick up times.
Blackcat31 12:08 PM 01-13-2011
Oh, I feel for you...it seems it started snowing here in the beginning of December and hasn't stopped since....I used to like snow too until we got like what seems like 10 feet! LOL! ...anyways, my sister sent me this the other day and thought it was funny and I wanted to share:

Weather Advisory: It's winter. Winter happens once a year. During winter it gets cold. Sometimes it snows. When it snows the snow lands on the ground. When this happens, you have to shovel it. It also lands on the roads. This makes driving harder. Until winter is over, this may happen several times. Now everyone knows and won't be surprised. Thank you

I thought about making copies of this and giving it to everyone I know because I dunno how things are in your neck of the woods but, here everyone acts like it is the first time they have ever seen snow before...we live in northern Minnesota!
Pammie 01:13 PM 01-13-2011
I don't shovel during nap-times - that would mean that the kids are sleeping inside the house, while I'm outside, where I could never possibly hear them!

No client has ever questioned or even hinted why my driveway/sidewalk wasn't cleared of snow that fell during the day. I do shovel/salt before opening if necessary
Tags:snow, winter
Reply Up