Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Um, Brrr...I Quess We WON'T be Going Out to Play Today!
SilverSabre25 05:03 AM 01-21-2011
I had asked everyone to bring snow gear today--I tried taking them outside in the snow for the first time yesterday (I didn't think my little would have fun but she had a BLAST!) when it snowed about 5 inches. Everyone brought snow gear! BUT it's 5 degrees, high of 15, and current windchill of -13!!! That's WAY too cold, even for grown-ups to go play, lol. We'll stay warm and snug in here and try again next time it snows...
momofboys 05:08 AM 01-21-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
I had asked everyone to bring snow gear today--I tried taking them outside in the snow for the first time yesterday (I didn't think my little would have fun but she had a BLAST!) when it snowed about 5 inches. Everyone brought snow gear! BUT it's 5 degrees, high of 15, and current windchill of -13!!! That's WAY too cold, even for grown-ups to go play, lol. We'll stay warm and snug in here and try again next time it snows...
I wanted to do the same thing today (play in the snow) as we got about 5 inches yesterday but it's just too cold. . . I live just west of Columbus. Now yesterday it was warmer, in the mid 20s & we could have but the kids were in school. Today. . . no school & I have to entertain 3 SAs & 2 toddlers. I really wish the windchill was not so cold. We do have a fun day planned. Hoping to try out some of the games they talked about in this month's Family Fun magazine, we are making muffins & then watching a kid friendly movie this afternoon (a rare treat). Enjoy your day & stay warm!
countrymom 05:10 AM 01-21-2011
the windchill is so cold here, I don't think my kids are even going outside for recess.
E Daycare 05:10 AM 01-21-2011
Same here. Cincy got hit good and everything froze. The schools are closed and one of my moms is a teacher so she kept her son home and my other kids mom has off and to save money they kept her home too. Its just my son and I today and the hubby who gets the option of working from home when the weather is crap. So if it warms up this afternoon then we may go out and sled in our backyard.

Its 7* right now. Itll have to REALLY warm up lol.
SilverSabre25 05:11 AM 01-21-2011
Originally Posted by janarae:
I wanted to do the same thing today (play in the snow) as we got about 5 inches yesterday but it's just too cold. . . I live just west of Columbus. Now yesterday it was warmer, in the mid 20s & we could have but the kids were in school. Today. . . no school & I have to entertain 3 SAs & 2 toddlers. I really wish the windchill was not so cold. We do have a fun day planned. Hoping to try out some of the games they talked about in this month's Family Fun magazine, we are making muffins & then watching a kid friendly movie this afternoon (a rare treat). Enjoy your day & stay warm!
You too! I'm on the opposite side of Columbus
momofboys 05:18 AM 01-21-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
You too! I'm on the opposite side of Columbus
Hi neighbor!
SilverSabre25 05:34 AM 01-21-2011
Okay, I've planned a fun sounding day. I've only got 15 mos, 23 mos, 2.5, and my own 3 yo today. I'm going to pull out the fingerpaints and let them paint, probably watch a movie/show, and bake oatmeal cranberry cookies (we're out of raisins, lol) for afternoon snack.
mickey2 11:04 AM 01-21-2011
Here where I live in Northern Ontario Canada it is cold too! Really had to bundle my son up this morning for school. Thank God my husband was home to put him on the bus and I didn't have to. According to the weather channel right now it is -9F/-23C but with the wind chill it is -29F/-34C
BRRRRRR
Missani 11:16 AM 01-21-2011
Cold here, too...was -14 this morning. I think I heard the windchill was -40 or something. We haven't been able to go outside all week, and the kiddos are getting a bit stir-crazy!
DCMomOf3 11:39 AM 01-21-2011
it was -20 at 9:30 this am (not sure with windchill) and it's +1 but -11 windchill now. I haven't been able to take the kids out all week.
Tags:cold weather clothing, snow, snow gear, winter cloths
Reply Up