Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Snowing Again!! I Just Can't Believe This Weather!
MG&Lsmom 05:18 AM 01-25-2011
Another storm passing through New England, and yet another coming tomorrow into Thursday! The roads are a mess and the school bus was 30 mins late. I decided to not send my preschoolers to school today (my own and a friends).

We're getting a little sick of being indoors. I need some fresh ideas. Whatcha got?

ps. I would love to go outside with them, but it's too cold. Only in the teens right now. A big improvement over -10 yesterday tho
SilverSabre25 05:20 AM 01-25-2011
You can send some of that snow back here to Ohio! I'd love some more snow/ice and a chance at a day off!
MG&Lsmom 05:30 AM 01-25-2011
LOL! I'm pretty sure I'm going to have Thursday off. Predicting 1-2ft, again. The backyard is so deep it's over my 2yo's head. I think we might have over 3ft of snow in the last 2 weeks.

I just saw a recipe for snow cream. Pretty sure it's not covered under the food program: snow, milk and maple syrup!
DBug 06:13 AM 01-25-2011
Yesterday it was too cold for us to go outside, so we stayed in and made cinnamon rolls and played with warm, soapy water in the sensory table

Whenever we can't go out because of the weather, I automatically switch to baking mode -- and the kids certainly don't seem to mind .
kathiemarie 06:47 AM 01-25-2011
Originally Posted by MG&Lsmom:
LOL! I'm pretty sure I'm going to have Thursday off. Predicting 1-2ft, again. The backyard is so deep it's over my 2yo's head. I think we might have over 3ft of snow in the last 2 weeks.

I just saw a recipe for snow cream. Pretty sure it's not covered under the food program: snow, milk and maple syrup!
It has milk! lol. add some canned fruit and you have a snack.
Tags:bad weather, snow
Reply Up