Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>So Mad Yesterday
boysx5 03:32 AM 01-28-2011
we had snow weds. nite into Thursday morning so school was closed and I could have slept in. Well I got up at five and shovel so my daycare families could get here. I had one mom call at 11 to say they werent' coming and one call at 3:30 and one send a text at 4:30 sorry that they didn't call to say they were not coming. One never called or showed so today will see what happens. I will make a point today to tell them if we get snow again I would appreciate a phone call to let me know if they are coming or not. It was nice to have a day off but I was looking out the window sure someone was going to show up. I did end up getting out which was nice and treated myself to lunch if we don't look our for ourselves nobody else will. Why is everyone so selfish now?
AfterSchoolMom 04:01 AM 01-28-2011
That really stinks!

I have a section in my contract that says "if you have not arrived and have not contacted me by 45 minutes past your scheduled drop off time, I will assume your child is not coming and will plan my day accordingly. I may not be available for care after that time, and you will still be required to pay for the day".

I make a point of leaving if at all possible too.
MARSTELAC 03:56 AM 02-01-2011
I know I shouldn't complain if I am getting paid for the day and kids are late arrivals but I really hate it when parents call 1/2 hour before opening time and say they will be running behind by a few hours! I could have slept in!
Lilbutterflie 04:22 AM 02-01-2011
I had a similar situation this morning. I woke up at my normal time, found out my DD's school was closed. Could have gone back to sleep, but I had to get ready for my one daycare family of 3 siblings. Had to assume that since I didn't hear from them, that they would be coming.

Just about 20 minutes prior to drop-off time, I happened to go on FB. Low and behold, DCM posted ONE hour ago that she was staying home with the kids b/c work was closed.

This, after last night she picked the kids up a half hour late; which she has been doing more and more lately.
Sunny Day 05:50 AM 02-01-2011
That is infuriating! People need to realize that it is still your home/time! I've been lucky this way and have never had this problem....but if/when I do, I would be mad too!
SandeeAR 07:21 AM 02-01-2011
Originally Posted by Lilbutterflie:
I had a similar situation this morning. I woke up at my normal time, found out my DD's school was closed. Could have gone back to sleep, but I had to get ready for my one daycare family of 3 siblings. Had to assume that since I didn't hear from them, that they would be coming.

Just about 20 minutes prior to drop-off time, I happened to go on FB. Low and behold, DCM posted ONE hour ago that she was staying home with the kids b/c work was closed.

This, after last night she picked the kids up a half hour late; which she has been doing more and more lately.
Next time hers are the only kids you have, leave the house about 20 minutes before she could show up. Don't come back until at least an hour late. When she is upset, act all surprised and tell her, did I forget to tell you I was closing for an hour this morning? I had something urgent to take care of.
Tags:no show, snow
Reply Up