Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Center And Plowing? Driveway Unsafe?
MG&Lsmom 08:48 AM 01-28-2011
If you thought that the driveway to a center/preschool was inadequately plowed and dangerous (talking 100yd hill here, one car width wide and only way in and out), and the center was open for business, wwyd? Call their licensor? I'm the parent this time and the only response I got today was that there is no where to put the snow. This is not true, there are acres of open fields on either side of the driveway. Their plow people are just doing a horrid job. This is apparently an ongoing year after year problem. The owner/director can't control the weather, but she can ensure that her property is adequately cleared.

I am going to be keeping my daughter at home until it's fixed and need to call the director. It could be weeks until this snow melts and we have more storms on the way. I just don't think that she should be open when it's unsafe to drive on her property for reasons she can control. Nor do I think that anyone choosing to not attend for this reason should have to pay for this time.
DEBBIES DAYCARE 09:03 AM 01-28-2011
Im sorry about your frustration. You would think an actual center would have a professional plow company come. The liability is huge.
All I can say is I have a home daycare and when its going to snow over night my husband has the alarm set in wee hours and is snowplowing and shoveling in the dark to be sure the driveway and sidewalks are safe by sunrise. This is not only for the safety of our parents and children but for our safety from lawsuits.
Cat Herder 09:23 AM 01-28-2011
Is this in a city limits or a rural setting?
MG&Lsmom 10:02 AM 01-28-2011
It's a suburb. A more rural looking area in a town with high acre lot minimums. But access to services and major highways within 5 minutes.
MG&Lsmom 10:06 AM 01-28-2011
Originally Posted by DEBBIES DAYCARE:
Im sorry about your frustration. You would think an actual center would have a professional plow company come. The liability is huge.
All I can say is I have a home daycare and when its going to snow over night my husband has the alarm set in wee hours and is snowplowing and shoveling in the dark to be sure the driveway and sidewalks are safe by sunrise. This is not only for the safety of our parents and children but for our safety from lawsuits.
I also do home daycare and am licensed. I get out there and clear adequately myself. I watched the plow while stuck in the driveway and they were just making it worse.
Tags:driveway, plowing snow, snow
Reply Up