Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Snow...
gkids09 07:59 AM 02-07-2011
Okay, we hardly EVER get any snow, and today we are already to at least 3 inches (I know that sounds like NOTHING to some of you, but for us, it's just about snowed in..) There's no salt on the roads, and I have yet to see a snow plow go by, even though I HAVE seen several cars and trucks slide into the ditch right in front of the daycare!! Anyway, I usually have 12 kids a day...Today, I have 6. One is a teacher's kid, who will be leaving at any time now since they just cancelled school, and the rest are nurse's kids. One is about to leave too. So I will have FOUR. There's no way for me to go anywhere either, my car is snowed in. My question is, would you close early for it, or just ride it out?? I can't decide what to do. The electricity blinked earlier, but other than not many kids, we aren't having a bad day. I'm just worried about everyone driving, especially later when the sun starts going down and the ground freezes more. Anyway, just let me know your opinions..To stay open, or to close early?? Thanks!
Little People 08:04 AM 02-07-2011
Originally Posted by gkids09:
Okay, we hardly EVER get any snow, and today we are already to at least 3 inches (I know that sounds like NOTHING to some of you, but for us, it's just about snowed in..) There's no salt on the roads, and I have yet to see a snow plow go by, even though I HAVE seen several cars and trucks slide into the ditch right in front of the daycare!! Anyway, I usually have 12 kids a day...Today, I have 6. One is a teacher's kid, who will be leaving at any time now since they just cancelled school, and the rest are nurse's kids. One is about to leave too. So I will have FOUR. There's no way for me to go anywhere either, my car is snowed in. My question is, would you close early for it, or just ride it out?? I can't decide what to do. The electricity blinked earlier, but other than not many kids, we aren't having a bad day. I'm just worried about everyone driving, especially later when the sun starts going down and the ground freezes more. Anyway, just let me know your opinions..To stay open, or to close early?? Thanks!
I am in TN too!! I did not think we were going to get this much snow!! My dck's are loving it!! I am staying open!
gkids09 08:06 AM 02-07-2011
Thanks, that helps!! What part of TN are you in??? I'm in northwest TN, and I am shocked that we are getting so much!! And it all happened in less than an hour...lol
Little People 08:21 AM 02-07-2011
Originally Posted by gkids09:
Thanks, that helps!! What part of TN are you in??? I'm in northwest TN, and I am shocked that we are getting so much!! And it all happened in less than an hour...lol
I am in Memphis
Lilbutterflie 08:56 AM 02-07-2011
I am in TX, and snow is usually rare here (maybe once or twice a year, less than 3 inches). However, last week we got hit by that huge ice storm. I stayed open, it is the parents responsibility to make the decision if it's safe to travel to work/daycare.

It doesn't really affect us here, our day goes on as usual. If our power went out, then I would close early if I knew it would be off for longer than 15 minutes.
MommyMuffin 08:59 AM 02-07-2011
Is it warm enough for the children to play outside. I bet they would like the snow. It has been too cold here (MN) that we have only been able to play outside about 3 times since Jan. It is horrible being stuck inside all day.
gkids09 10:11 AM 02-07-2011
I would LOVE to take them outside to play...However, the ones left (I am down to 2 preschoolers and 1 school age) don't have any snow clothes. They are either in tennis shoes or "cute" cloth boots that would get soaked and then they'd freeze. lol It's the perfect snow for a snowman too...We're up to 5 inches, and it's still snowing.
Tags:snow
Reply Up