Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Snow Again!!
Little People 05:25 AM 02-10-2011
I don't know how you all live in states with so much snow. Here in Tn we may get 2 rounds of snow, but this year it has been about 5 times now. We got snow yesterday and our roads are iced! I only have 2 dck's today, but I would rather have my other 2 too!
Dh took a vacation day so I would not have to take him to work. I use to love the snow when I lived in Utah, but the last couple of years I hate it when it snows here because we get snow but the roads become iced over.

Next week we are going to get some 50/60 degree weather. I can't wait to get the children outside.
SandeeAR 05:33 AM 02-10-2011
Arkansas has the same mess. No kids yesterday or today. Very few cars going by and I'm on a main street. DH manages a local gas station and could not believe the amount of people there not for gas, just for ciggs and lottery tickets!

The states with all the snow do better than us, b/c they have the equipment and are prepared. 2" - 8" of snow doesn't shut down the entire town, like it does us. Boots, snowsuits, snowy sidewalks and driveways, and snow shovels are part of their daily equipment. Most of use don't even OWN a snow shovel!
MommyMuffin 05:33 AM 02-10-2011
Well I would still consider yourself lucky! It will finally be 40 degrees this weekend so my hubby said he was excited to open the sun roof in his truck! hahaha
Little People 05:37 AM 02-10-2011
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:
Arkansas has the same mess. No kids yesterday or today. Very few cars going by and I'm on a main street. DH manages a local gas station and could not believe the amount of people there not for gas, just for ciggs and lottery tickets!
Yes I seen on the news that you all got blasted, I would move to CA but then there is the earthquakes, then there is Flordia but I lived there when I was 17 and did not like it. So I guess I will stay where I am.

I just want spring to come!! I want to plant flowers! And spend our days outside!!
countrymom 06:37 AM 02-10-2011
its so cold that its not even funny anymore.
Little People 06:42 AM 02-10-2011
Originally Posted by countrymom:
That is is!! I have the furnace on 74 and fuzzy socks on and I am still cold!
Blackcat31 06:44 AM 02-10-2011
Originally Posted by countrymom:
Which is probably okay because I can't move my face anyways....it's -30 F here so I know what you mean.
Little People 06:52 AM 02-10-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Which is probably okay because I can't move my face anyways....it's -30 F here so I know what you mean.
Did you say -30?? -30?? -30?? I would freeze to death!!
Blackcat31 07:05 AM 02-10-2011
Originally Posted by Little People:
Did you say -30?? -30?? -30?? I would freeze to death!!
yup...with windchill it is currently -45 F. That is NOT the coldest here tho for this winter. Record in our are this winter is -46 F below zero)....We get used to it.

Weirdly enough...now it is supposed to be 40 F ABOVE so how do you like those temp swings?!?! It keeps us on our toes.
DCMomOf3 07:18 AM 02-10-2011
Get ready to be shocked... I went outside to get the mail yesterday when it was -1 and didn't wear a coat!

You do get used to it and after a few weeks of cold, it doesn't seem as bad as it did at first.
DCMomOf3 07:20 AM 02-10-2011
Originally Posted by MommyMuffin:
Well I would still consider yourself lucky! It will finally be 40 degrees this weekend so my hubby said he was excited to open the sun roof in his truck! hahaha
I am very happy at the forecast.
cillybean83 07:24 AM 02-10-2011
mine aren't here either, i had to go get milk this morning and slipped and slid all over the road
Tags:snow
Reply Up