Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do You Scoop Snow Throughout The Day?
littlemommy 11:35 AM 12-08-2011
It's been snowing for a couple hours here, and I have kids get picked up at 3 and at 4:30. Do you scoop throughout the day so there is no snow when they pick up?
mema 11:36 AM 12-08-2011
If we go outside and the kids are playing good, I do it then-or at least some of it. Otherwise I don't. Part of living in a snowy state I guess!
mismatchedsocks 11:38 AM 12-08-2011
I have an assistant so I say yes. Or when my son gets home at 4, he could do it. When it was just me, it depended on the kids i had here, how well they slept, and if they could play in it while I shoveled?

Can you go outside legally when they are sleeping? Are they old enough or have a place for them to play while you shovel?

If not then explain to the parents, they will have to deal with the snow, you cannot leave your kids unattended, but tell them the shovel is on the porch if they need it. hint hint.
littlemommy 11:41 AM 12-08-2011
I could go out and do it now during naptime, but can't keep any more snow from covering it again. I guess I'm just feeling lazy..and I'm 35 weeks pregnant, so I have a good excuse, right?
caring4kidsinSD 11:44 AM 12-08-2011
If I take the kids outside to play in the afternoon, they do it for me! Otherwise no - there is no way I could go outside and shovel with kids here. The house would be totally destroyed by the time I got back in.

Past years, I had a neighbor who would do the driveway when he got home from work - but probably won't happen this year(We aren't on speaking terms anymore- due to his wife's stupidity)
KEG123 11:49 AM 12-08-2011
No, I would not.
kidkair 12:18 PM 12-08-2011
I only shovel before and after hours or while the kids are out with me. Sometimes I'll send my husband out if he's home but for the most part my clients just have to deal with living in MN.
kayla 02:08 PM 12-08-2011
I do when its really bad out.. But not if its manageable.
Tags:snow
Reply Up