Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Living In A Snow Globe
Heidi 12:48 PM 01-20-2012
since about 8 this morning, it's been just this fine, steady snow. It's so pretty, and I am so grateful that I don't have to go anywhere! We have woods 1/2 way around the house, pine trees covered in snow....

Its also about 5 degrees out, so while it LOOKS pretty, it isn't really...

Have a great weekend, everyone! ITS FRIDAY!
WImom 12:56 PM 01-20-2012
Same here in southest Wi. Days like these makes me LOVE my job!
godiva83 12:57 PM 01-20-2012
I love it when it's like that out - and the fact I don't have to commute
Heidi 01:00 PM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by WImom:
Same here in southest Wi. Days like these makes me LOVE my job!
I am near New Lisbon, in Juneau County. We have another provider here who lives about 10 miles from me.
SilverSabre25 01:15 PM 01-20-2012
Enjoy the snow...we're supposed to get 1/4 inch of ice by tomorrow morning. If there's one kind of weather I despise, it's ice.
Blackcat31 01:17 PM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by bbo:
since about 8 this morning, it's been just this fine, steady snow. It's so pretty, and I am so grateful that I don't have to go anywhere! We have woods 1/2 way around the house, pine trees covered in snow....

Its also about 5 degrees out, so while it LOOKS pretty, it isn't really...

Have a great weekend, everyone! ITS FRIDAY!
Sounds beautiful! I wish it would snow here.... and I really wish it was 5 degrees here. We've been below 0 for several days now.

I love snow!
Sunchimes 01:19 PM 01-20-2012
I'm a little jealous. We are wearing shorts today. It's 73º. My flamingos look silly in their little fleece scarves. I wish we could see some snow. Still have hope-it snowed in April a few years ago.

This post came across as "nyah, nyah" no matter what I said. I started not to post at all. But, seriously, I do wish we could have some nice cozy snow days.
Heidi 01:27 PM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
I'm a little jealous. We are wearing shorts today. It's 73º. My flamingos look silly in their little fleece scarves. I wish we could see some snow. Still have hope-it snowed in April a few years ago.

This post came across as "nyah, nyah" no matter what I said. I started not to post at all. But, seriously, I do wish we could have some nice cozy snow days.
Well, I showed off my log home yesterday, and rubbed it in. The LEAST you could do is rub in the shorts and hot weather!
Heidi 02:08 PM 01-20-2012
for those of you in warmer climates that would like to live vicariously. would appreciate warm pics in return! I gotta say, these are older pics, and looking at my 14yo daughter 3 years ago is quite a shock! She's now 5'10", and into a more "goth" look, black hair and all....
Attached: feb march 2009 032.jpg (28.3 KB) feb march 2009 031.jpg (95.4 KB) 
Blackcat31 02:26 PM 01-20-2012
I will join bbo and also add some winter photos....for those of you enjoying all that sunshine!
godiva83 02:41 PM 01-20-2012
Oh beautiful untainted snow! I hate when it's dirty and slushy

Where did you show off your log home - I would live to see
MichellesKiddos 03:35 PM 01-20-2012
I'm over in Reedsburg (Sauk County), not too far from you either! It was beautiful watching the snow come down and the kids just love watching it. Wasn't so nice driving in it this evening to get to the bank though Just glad I don't have to venture out on the roads all too often.

Today, instead of going outside to play, I brought the snow to them in great big tubs. They absolutely love playing with the snow inside. Give them some cups and little shovels and it entertains them for a good 45 min.-1 hr.
Heidi 04:01 PM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by MichellesKiddos:
I'm over in Reedsburg (Sauk County), not too far from you either! It was beautiful watching the snow come down and the kids just love watching it. Wasn't so nice driving in it this evening to get to the bank though Just glad I don't have to venture out on the roads all too often.

Today, instead of going outside to play, I brought the snow to them in great big tubs. They absolutely love playing with the snow inside. Give them some cups and little shovels and it entertains them for a good 45 min.-1 hr.
Oh maaaaannn...why don't I ever think of clever stuff like that? I will next time! Thanks, because my toddlers NEVER have snow pants, and they cry cry cry when they get cold...
Heidi 04:03 PM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by godiva83:
Oh beautiful untainted snow! I hate when it's dirty and slushy

Where did you show off your log home - I would live to see
2 are under "minimalist daycare provider" thread. I cant get them to download again.

here are some more...

BTW, these are a few years old, and my floor NEVER looks like that now!
Attached: house pictures 002.jpg (130.7 KB) house pictures 010.jpg (114.2 KB) 
Sunchimes 06:32 PM 01-20-2012
Bbo, your house is gorgeous. Do you have a lot of land around it?
Sunchimes 06:33 PM 01-20-2012
I've never even seen snow like that. Last winter was the most snow I can remember seeing--it snowed enough to cover the grass. We actually had snowmen that were white instead of covered with brown grass that made them look like teddy bears.
Tags:isolated, snow, weather
Reply Up