Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Blizzard = Day Off!!!
bunnyslippers 02:13 PM 02-07-2013
We are supposed to have a huge blizzard tomorrow - 2-3 feet of snow. All the schools are closed, so I have no daycare kids to worry about. Just me and my little family. We are having a make-your-own pizza party with some neighbors, baking all day, and eating lots of junky food. Oh, and having some yummy cocktails. I know lots of people hate the snow, and I do, too, but there is something so magical about being snowed in while a crazy storm goes on around you. It is all kind of exciting, and I am really looking forward to it. I won't even mind if we lose power...it will all be a happy memory someday, and I relish every second of it! Bring on the snow!!!!!!
SilverSabre25 02:27 PM 02-07-2013
Sounds like a lot of fun! stay safe and warm!

Me, i wish some of that blizzard was hitting down here :P
Crazy In Mo 02:28 PM 02-07-2013
Originally Posted by bunnyslippers:
We are supposed to have a huge blizzard tomorrow - 2-3 feet of snow. All the schools are closed, so I have no daycare kids to worry about. Just me and my little family. We are having a make-your-own pizza party with some neighbors, baking all day, and eating lots of junky food. Oh, and having some yummy cocktails. I know lots of people hate the snow, and I do, too, but there is something so magical about being snowed in while a crazy storm goes on around you. It is all kind of exciting, and I am really looking forward to it. I won't even mind if we lose power...it will all be a happy memory someday, and I relish every second of it! Bring on the snow!!!!!!

I would love to get snow like that!!
Kym2098 02:34 PM 02-07-2013

Yay have fun! I'm in NJ and we of course will see snow! I'm glad to be snowed in as well with my own little family!!!
Country Kids 02:50 PM 02-07-2013
We are getting RAIN again!

So exciting, and lovely to wake up to day, after day, after day. I don't understand how we can still be in a drought when it didn't stop raining till July of last year.

I hate the misty, nasty stuff. Send a good hard rainstorm and I'm a very happy camper. Not the stuff that is just yucky enough you can't go outside but really not bad enough to stay inside.
DaisyMamma 04:51 PM 02-07-2013
Should be at least 15" here, but I will have extra kids since schools are closed.
Enjoy your long weekend!
MsLaura529 05:30 PM 02-07-2013
Sounds like a fun day! Here in Michigan we're getting 5-7" ... which will still be a good amount, but I'd LOVE to get a forecasted amount over a foot - how exciting!
jokalima 08:49 PM 02-07-2013
I am closed tomorrow as well!!! DH is off to so is just my family here tomorrow, much needed time off from the kiddos. The only thing that worries me is loosing power, every little storm makes me loose power so I am just mentally preparing for this one.
Play Care 05:31 AM 02-08-2013
Nice!

I have three kids today. One of the parents is working from home and the other is out of work
williams2008 05:37 AM 02-08-2013
Sounds like a day full of fun, enjoy and stay warm!!
hope 05:44 AM 02-08-2013
I kept my own two children home bc pretty sure roads will be bad n school will call a half day. Plus I have three DCKs today. Im sure all the neighbors with kids will gravitate to my house sometime today n i will have a house full of people, adults n kids. Making Valentine cards n baking yummy treats. I love snow days!
Heidi 05:46 AM 02-08-2013
Have fun..and send us some cookies!
canadiancare 10:18 AM 02-08-2013
Have fun! The buses are cancelled here which means my almost 16 year old daughter will be home. She walks to school but the teachers don't teach any new material if bused in kids are out so she is just going to hang out with me all day. I have all 5 kids since all the parents have to work anyway. I am hoping they try to cut out early but I have a feeling it will be the opposite and I will have lots of late pickups because of the driving.
jokalima 10:24 AM 02-08-2013
Do you charge for snow days? Those of you that are closed ?
hope 10:38 AM 02-08-2013
I charge for snow days. I did not charge during the hurricane bc I lost power for 12 days. If I am able to take kids I will charge for the whole day. If i can not take kids i will not charge. Let's hope i still have power tomorrow!
canadiancare 10:45 AM 02-08-2013
The way I work my fees is very simple. If I close- you don't owe me fees because you are possibly inconvenienced (need to find backup, use a vacation day etc) If it is a statutory holiday- I am closed with pay because you are being paid to be off. (Christmas Day, Canada Day , Easter etc) I also am paid if I am open and you keep your child home- even if you are keeping them because my policies say you must (vomiting, diarrhea etc)
e.j. 08:11 AM 02-09-2013
We made it through! Only lost cable. How did everyone else do? I feel bad for those who lost power. It got way too cold last night for no heat!
bunnyslippers 11:59 AM 02-09-2013
I still have power and tv - 34 inches of snow! SO much fun!!!

I do not charge for snow days, b/c I take teacher's kids and the days are made up at the end of the year. After 5, however, I do charge. We are now at 5...so anymore is a win-win for me! Hoping Monday is closed, too!!!!!
jokalima 12:27 PM 02-09-2013
Fun? I am in pain because of so much shoveling and we are not even half way there yet, this is no fun for me
e.j. 02:57 PM 02-09-2013
Originally Posted by jokalima:
Fun?
I'm with you! It's been years since I've enjoyed snow - ever since I was old enough to have to shovel it and drive in it! I'm just getting over the stomach bug and my kids are, too. We're all walking around with ribs so sore I can't even imagine lifting a shovel right now and there's tons of snow we'll have to clear before Monday. UGH. Just hoping my husband stays healthy so he's able to be out there tomorrow helping out. In the meantime, I'm hoping the winds that are blowing right now will somehow blow it all away for us.
jokalima 03:21 PM 02-10-2013
It seems like we are never going to finish shoveling... Then the mess, I don't have mud room so is just messy , do you ladies think is OK for me tell the parents they can't come in with shoes on? i don't have no where comfy for them to take them off so it would be a bother, i am thinking to just have sign in sheet with me, open door, take kids and that way they don;t have to take shoes off, but I sure don't want that mess in my house or DC area.
Blackcat31 08:36 AM 02-11-2013
I'm sure I will get a few cyber smacks for this but Yah! We got snow! We got snow! We got snow!! I am so happy! We had some but we got another 12 inches or so and I am sooooo happy!

My DH and I bought ourselves some snow shoes this weekend and I am dying to go try them out!

I also LOVE LOVE LOVE shoveling () and would gladly do it for a whole day if it meant a break from my normal job
bunnyslippers 08:53 AM 02-11-2013
No cyber smacks from me - I love the break from the say-to-day gray of winter! So happy you got snow!!!! There is a rumor we are getting more on Thursday ~ fingers crossed! Next week is school vacation, so I am on the countdown to more days off...and I STILL want it to snow.

I love the change in seasons. I prefer the warmer ones, but I love the change every few months!
Tags:blizzard, snow
Reply Up