Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Looks Like I'm Not Going Anywhere For A While....
mamac 05:33 AM 02-09-2013
And it's STILL snowing....
0209130807.jpg

0209130817.jpg

0209130818.jpg

0209130819.jpg

Attached:
Heidi 06:02 AM 02-09-2013
Oh My!

It looks like a lot of drifting...right up to the windows and doors.

My son is at Fort Drumm in Northeastern New York. I guess even the Army is having a "snow day" there!
Blackcat31 06:18 AM 02-09-2013
Sooooooo jealous!!!!!

They are predicting 12-14 inches for us but not until Sunday so we'll see!

I LOVE when a massive snowstorm comes through.

It is pretty common here but I do feel for some of the folks on the eastern side of the o****ry as I know not all areas are prepared or equipped to deal with a ton of snow.

I do hope everyone stays safe and your power remains up and running!

I read one person has already died due to the storm. I didn't read where or from what, just saw the headline said one dead from massive snow storm and half a million without power.
jokalima 06:32 AM 02-09-2013
We r definitely snowed in here I don't have a snow blower so is muscle work we have to do, I know how bad my body is going to hurt on Sunday, hope all good for Monday.
mamac 06:32 AM 02-09-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Sooooooo jealous!!!!!

It is pretty common here but I do feel for some of the folks on the eastern side of the o****ry as I know not all areas are prepared or equipped to deal with a ton of snow.

I read one person has already died due to the storm. I didn't read where or from what, just saw the headline said one dead from massive snow storm and half a million without power.
I told you I'd send you some!!!

I love getting snow like this, too. I remember being younger it was like this a lot. My boys were soooooo excited! They've never seen this much snow. Thankfully if the power goes out we are only out without power for a little while. One advantage to having a power sub-station behind our neighbor's house Most streets around here haven't been plowed yet and the ones that were are only single lane. There's nowhere to put the snow.

I'm guessing we got about 2 feet not counting the snow drifts. We're headed out now to play and I'm going to half-heartedly try to shovel the car out while my husband is stuck at work. Thankfully I have an attached garage so I can actually GET out.
mamac 06:37 AM 02-09-2013
Originally Posted by Heidi:
Oh My!

My son is at Fort Drumm in Northeastern New York. I guess even the Army is having a "snow day" there!

Thankfully it didn't reach the windows!!! The last pic is the back door. I think I would have looked like this ----> if it reached the windows! Lol.
SilverSabre25 09:14 AM 02-09-2013
Jealous! We're supposed to have temps almost to the 50s tomorrow and Monday. I want one more good snow before spring...another chance for sledding and snowman building and spraying snow with colored water!
Lavender 09:36 AM 02-09-2013
We moved to an area known for being super snowy (from SoCal) and so far the most we've had on the ground has been about 1 ft so I'm very jealous about the 2-3ft some are getting this weekend!!
bunnyslippers 11:56 AM 02-09-2013
We have 34 inches here. It is literally up to my two year old son's neck! It is a bit crazy...we aren't allowed to drive until 4:00 p.m. My poor husband has been out slowblowing for hours, and we are almost out of his favorite adult beverage! It has been pretty fun! Party with the neighbors last night, so much fun! It breaks up the monotony of winter, and looks SOOOO pretty. I am curious if we will have school Monday ~ I really can't imagine how they will have all the road clear by then.
mema 02:09 PM 02-09-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Sooooooo jealous!!!!!

Push it south a bit would ya? We are just going to get ice and more ice with maybe a little snow on top of it. If it's going to be cold, the kids should at least be able to play outside without slipping everywhere. I think in the last month I have bought 120lbs of ice melt. Went to find more today and it was the 3rd store I went to before I found any and it wasn't the cheapo stuff that I usually buy either.
mamac 02:29 PM 02-09-2013
Originally Posted by bunnyslippers:
We have 34 inches here. It is literally up to my two year old son's neck! It is a bit crazy...we aren't allowed to drive until 4:00 p.m. My poor husband has been out slowblowing for hours, and we are almost out of his favorite adult beverage! It has been pretty fun! Party with the neighbors last night, so much fun! It breaks up the monotony of winter, and looks SOOOO pretty. I am curious if we will have school Monday ~ I really can't imagine how they will have all the road clear by then.
You guys are almost out of MILK??????

My 2 year old is up to his neck in snow, too! It took me 3 hours to shovel most of our driveway. It's about 70 feet long and fits two cars side-by-side. My neighbor must have felt bad for me and brought his snowblower over for the last 3 passes. I feel great right now but I'm pretty sure I won't feel the same way in the morning!

Our roads here have only been cleared for one lane only. Even if the roads are open I'm not sure that we'll have school because there is just no place to put all the snow. I normally plow commercial properties and the lots we do have very limited parking available because of the huge piles of snow everywhere and they are large chain stores. I can't imagine what my son's school parking lot looks like because it has no parking to begin with. My son is already looking forward to the day off.
Bookworm 06:44 PM 02-09-2013
I have never seen that much snow in my entire lifetime. I think there might have been about 24 in of snow in my state since I was born (1970). I can't imagine that much snow. I'm glad you guys are able to have some fun. Stay warm.
theycallmetaytor 10:54 PM 02-09-2013
Jealous! We probably didn't even get an inch this year! just enough to slick everything up and make people drive like they've got no sense.
daycarediva 05:28 AM 02-10-2013
Originally Posted by Heidi:
Oh My!

I'm near him! We have 14". Lots of sledding will be done today!
Sugar Magnolia 05:54 AM 02-10-2013
Oh boy, you guys can keep that stuff. Todays high will be 80.
Kaddidle Care 06:08 AM 02-10-2013
Time to make Snow Ice Cream!
SquirrellyMama 06:52 AM 02-10-2013
I love a good snowstorm but I don't like it the day after At this point in the year all I want is spring , not more snow.

Enjoy your snow

K
SquirrellyMama 06:53 AM 02-10-2013
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
We don't have much snow right now but I'm sure jealous of your temps
e.j. 08:33 AM 02-10-2013
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
Now that's more like it!
Patches 09:42 AM 02-10-2013
Sometimes it's nice to be stuck inside for awhile. Just look out the window with a hot drink and watch the snow
Meeko 10:52 AM 02-10-2013
We got a few inches last night! Pic is of my front deck.
Attached: DSC_0066.jpg (100.7 KB) 
Sunshine74 02:42 PM 02-10-2013
Meeko, your front deck looks a lot like my back deck!
Blackcat31 08:29 AM 02-11-2013
Yah!!!! We got snow!!!

Thanks for the offer to send some my way Mamac but we got our own! About 12-14 inches overnight and the storm warning is still in effect until 6 PM tonight!

Here are a couple pictures of my daycare yard.

Yes, the snow is up to the top of my chain link fence in some areas and the last photo where there is the neighbor's truck in the photo...if you look close you can see a large stake or stick painted red sticking up....that is so the fire hydrants can be located if needed! LOL!!
mom2many 09:04 AM 02-11-2013
I'm jealous of all of you getting to enjoy the beautiful snow! We have to drive 4 hours to see any.
My3cents 09:56 AM 02-11-2013
25.5 inches and snowing again today. The drifts were as high as my head.
Tags:snow
Reply Up