Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Snow Is Coming... What's For Dinner?
KDC 10:29 AM 02-26-2013
The surrounding schools are closing early & canceling all after school activities -- except for elementary schools. It just started and it's blowing sideways and looking like it's hard to see much. Getting ready for a lock-down with the kiddo's as the parents are going to have 3 hr. + commutes to go what normally takes 45 mins to get home. We're only expected to get 4-6 inches... which is hardly a big storm for the midwest, it's been pretty mild this winter thus far. Guess it will all get dumped between now and just after rush hour. Hopefully they all nap well =)
MsLaura529 10:34 AM 02-26-2013
We have it coming here in Michigan, too. So far, there's only been a bit of freezing rain, and now it looks like just regular rain (our deck has puddles on it now) ... we're supposed to get 5-8 inches, last I heard.
countrymom 10:55 AM 02-26-2013
Originally Posted by MsLaura529:
We have it coming here in Michigan, too. So far, there's only been a bit of freezing rain, and now it looks like just regular rain (our deck has puddles on it now) ... we're supposed to get 5-8 inches, last I heard.
us too, so tonite i'm not going out. Its ok that ds doens't go to his meeting.
bunnyslippers 10:58 AM 02-26-2013
It is headed here, too, but it will just be light snow all day tomorrow into Thursday. So it basically means tomorrow, all the parents will be late picking up b/c of the weather, and Thursday, they will all be early b/c of the weather. . We are having homemade mac and cheese for dinner. Sometimes comfort food is the only thing that will do ~
SilverSabre25 11:38 AM 02-26-2013
All we've got is rain, rain, and more rain. Oh yeah, and rain.

I'm bored and contemplating chocolate chip muffins for snack today.
Heidi 11:51 AM 02-26-2013
just a dusting on it's way here.

Taco casserole!
kathiemarie 12:06 PM 02-26-2013
It's nice a sunny here! I mild 60ish. I might get the grill out for dinner.

Sorry girls I have to rub it in sometimes. It makes it easier to write out my mortgage check that is 2x the amount of some of yours for a house 1/2 the size. I hope you all stay safe, warm and the DCK don't drive you too crazy!!
Heidi 12:14 PM 02-26-2013
just looked at the radar, and it looks like it's skimming south of us. Yeah, for once those people "down south" can get the rough weather.

KDC 12:22 PM 02-26-2013
Originally Posted by kathiemarie:
It's nice a sunny here! I mild 60ish. I might get the grill out for dinner.

Sorry girls I have to rub it in sometimes. It makes it easier to write out my mortgage check that is 2x the amount of some of yours for a house 1/2 the size. I hope you all stay safe, warm and the DCK don't drive you too crazy!!
oh... so mean
Lots more snow coming... So jealous, I wanna grill out Chicken Kabobs would be awesome...
Attached: IMG_1476.jpg (73.1 KB) 
SquirrellyMama 12:43 PM 02-26-2013
We were only supposed to get .25 inches here today. I think we've got 3 or 4 on the ground now. Last week we were supposed to get 9 or 10 and got 4 inches. I wish they would get it right.

K
MsLaura529 01:43 PM 02-26-2013
Oh, I forgot to answer the question, haha.

I didn't pull any meat out of the freezer, kind of accidentally, kind of on purpose hoping that it's a good excuse for hubby to pick up some wings on his way home
Lianne 02:54 PM 02-26-2013
I had left over baked chicken in BBQ sauce and rice. I didn't even bother steaming vegetables, lol. We've got the storm heading here, too. Last one, a few weeks ago, shut our city down and tonight's storm is supposed to be worse. I'm hoping schools are closed at least so we don't have to do the bus run.
My3cents 05:34 PM 02-26-2013
Originally Posted by bunnyslippers:
It is headed here, too, but it will just be light snow all day tomorrow into Thursday. So it basically means tomorrow, all the parents will be late picking up b/c of the weather, and Thursday, they will all be early b/c of the weather. . We are having homemade mac and cheese for dinner. Sometimes comfort food is the only thing that will do ~
recipe please?
Sunshine74 07:11 PM 02-26-2013
I am so jealous of everyone's snow. Right now we are getting a mix of rain and freezing rain. Counties to the south of us are getting snow, and we might end up with some, but only about 1"-3". I want just one more good snow (of about 1') before it is spring for good.
Tags:snow
Reply Up