Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Does This Sound?
Jack Sprat 12:51 PM 02-06-2014
I give parents 5 days to be used for vacation/illness etc. We have had two days of snow closures. I am sure I will be asked if they pay for those days. My first thought was of course you do, I did not close, I can't control the weather. Then I thought of letting them know they could use two of their vacation days for those days. I want to send out a mass text letting everyone know, to avoid the issue tomorrow. Along with a friendly reminder that I will keep track of their days used. It's not talked about in the handbook or I would refer back to that.
CraftyMom 06:03 PM 02-06-2014
I guess that depends on if you don't mind if everyone uses those two days unpaid at the same time? I offer 2 unpaid days for my scheduled days off, but they must submit a request in advance and I have to approve, I will only approve one per scheduled day off, and they can not use both consecutively. This is to avoid me ending up with one or two entire days unpaid unexpectedly.
jenn 08:41 PM 02-06-2014
I sent a message that said something like "Remember that tomorrow is payment day. You may use 2 of your free days to cover the snow days, or you may pay for the 2 snow days and save your free days for later. Thanks!"
Jack Sprat 12:10 PM 02-07-2014
I got myself all worked for nothing. Well, not worked up but thinking about it. All my parents (except one) have paid and not said a word..Pheww! Now the last one will be a hurdle, but then again maybe not!
CraftyMom 04:53 PM 02-07-2014
Originally Posted by Jack Sprat:
I got myself all worked for nothing. Well, not worked up but thinking about it. All my parents (except one) have paid and not said a word..Pheww! Now the last one will be a hurdle, but then again maybe not!

Crazy8 06:14 PM 02-07-2014
my families have the option to use their sick/vacation days any time they do not come - don't care the reason - if I was open I wouldn't even be calling them "snow days". I don't really even let on to my families if anyone else came that day. Not that I hide it, they could check the sign in sheet if they wanted to, but I just don't broadcast "no one came, but you all still have to pay or use your sick days". I'd address it individually or put out a blanket statement like "if you didn't come this week due to the weather you are welcome to use a sick day, please let me know if you'd like to deduct one".
Tags:charge, no charge, parents, pay, potential drama, snow
Reply Up