Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>First snow!
Sunchimes 11:43 AM 02-25-2015
Four years ago, my first daycare mom asked me to be sure and take pictures of her kids if there was ever any snow. The last of her children left my care exactly 1 month ago. I never got a picture of them in the snow, because we haven't had any snow. This morning, we got snow. It was too late for M and H, but I got to introduce a 4 year old and a 2 year old to their first snow. It was only about 1 1/2", but they loved it! We built a snowman-only about 6" high, but definitely a snowman. I showed them how to roll snowballs, and they had a glorious time. OF course, it's 1:30 in the afternoon now, and it is all melted away, but it was fun while it lasted.
laundrymom 11:44 AM 02-25-2015
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
Four years ago, my first daycare mom asked me to be sure and take pictures of her kids if there was ever any snow. The last of her children left my care exactly 1 month ago. I never got a picture of them in the snow, because we haven't had any snow. This morning, we got snow. It was too late for M and H, but I got to introduce a 4 year old and a 2 year old to their first snow. It was only about 1 1/2", but they loved it! We built a snowman-only about 6" high, but definitely a snowman. I showed them how to roll snowballs, and they had a glorious time. OF course, it's 1:30 in the afternoon now, and it is all melted away, but it was fun while it lasted.
What a fabulous memory you helped make!!!
Shell 12:13 PM 02-25-2015
Aww, that's sweet. I've got tons I can send you (in MA)
TheGoodLife 12:16 PM 02-25-2015
Thanks for sharing, what a sweet memory!!!
Play Care 01:34 PM 02-25-2015
Originally Posted by Shell:
I wish I lived where snow was rare. This is our yard...
image.jpg
Attached:
Sunchimes 02:21 PM 02-25-2015
Oh my word. Our snow was completely gone by 1:30. School kids were sad.
e.j. 09:01 PM 02-25-2015
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
Oh my word. Our snow was completely gone by 1:30. School kids were sad.
We'll be able to say this, too.....probably sometime in August!

Sounds as though you all had lots of fun in the snow. It must have been so great watching the kids experience snow for the first time.

Originally Posted by Shell:
My husband shoveled out a path in the yard and had my son stand in the middle of it while he took a picture. He's about 5'10" and the snow was up to his arm pits! We've had to play in the driveway this winter because the kids can't move in the snow in the yard. They love climbing up and down the snow "mountains" on either side of the driveway, though, and they sleep really well at nap time!
Tags:snow
Reply Up