Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Eating Snow
Josiegirl 03:10 PM 12-14-2018
I have 2 toddlers who will not stop eating snow, no matter what I try. I feel like I've tried everything except duct taping their mouths. I have pine needles everywhere, and 2 dogs. Do you have any ideas because I have GOT to get them to stop.
Please??? And thank you!!
Michael 04:22 PM 12-14-2018
I'm wondering if you can make snowcones with a healthy flavoring that that you can give them when they go out. At least you know that it is clean and maybe the flavor will make them think the outside snow is too plain.

Here is a cheap one for $24

Nostalgia SCM502 Vintage Snow Cone Maker

jenboo 04:42 PM 12-14-2018
Can you get them a bucket of now that is clean for them to eat?

All my ds wants to do is eat snow too so we have to play in the front yard where the dogs don't go.
MomBoss 05:58 PM 12-14-2018
Have you tried making them sit out for not listening? I put mine on the patio where there is no snow and tell them they have to stay there if they wont listen.
Josiegirl 02:59 AM 12-15-2018
Originally Posted by Michael:
I'm wondering if you can make snowcones with a healthy flavoring that that you can give them when they go out. At least you know that it is clean and maybe the flavor will make them think the outside snow is too plain.

Here is a cheap one for $24

Nostalgia SCM502 Vintage Snow Cone Maker

Hmmm, never thought of that. That might be something I could do occasionally. Cool idea

Originally Posted by jenboo:
Can you get them a bucket of now that is clean for them to eat?

All my ds wants to do is eat snow too so we have to play in the front yard where the dogs don't go.
I might have to do that; hard to find clean snow near by unless I take a walk. There is a lot of wildlife in my area, from birds and mice to deer and neighborhood dogs everywhere, so I need to be careful.

Originally Posted by MomBoss:
Have you tried making them sit out for not listening? I put mine on the patio where there is no snow and tell them they have to stay there if they wont listen.
Oh yeh. Many times. They get stuck back in the double stroller for a couple minutes but doesn't seem to do any good. And they can SEE how gross the snow is in the back yard! Not just because of my dogs either, but covered with dirt and pine needles. We need more fresh snow to cover up this well-trodden well-used snow.

Thanks, all, for the ideas! Hopefully it's just a short phase they're trying to gain attention with. I wish it was one of those behaviors I could ignore but feel I can't.
Jupadia 05:36 AM 12-15-2018
Wish I could help, but I could not get my own 2 year old this summer to stop licking sand at the beach. Cause you know that gritty sand has to be yummy.
Josiegirl 11:14 AM 12-15-2018
Originally Posted by Jupadia:
Wish I could help, but I could not get my own 2 year old this summer to stop licking sand at the beach. Cause you know that gritty sand has to be yummy.
Well yeh! Gritty sand, pine needle snow and nose boogers beat out fresh broccoli any day, ya know.
Ariana 02:47 PM 12-15-2018
In my experience nothing workd so I just let them do what they do and save myself the stress. I have a feeling if they chew on a pine needle it might deter them
Tags:eating snow, snow, snowcones
Reply Up