Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Thoughts? Upside for Home Providers During an Economic Downturns?
Faith is a gift too 10:15 AM 02-29-2020
Around here centers charge at least one-third, some 2x more than home providers. I wasn't license during the last economic downturn so I have no experience.... trying to look at the bright side...
Unregistered 12:33 PM 02-29-2020
centers have many more expenses. So they have no choice but charge more than family daycares.
Faith is a gift too 07:14 PM 02-29-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
centers have many more expenses. So they have no choice but charge more than family daycares.
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I'm sorry my question is not center vs home care rates or cost. I have no experience with the costs of running a center but would want to agree that yes their must be more expenses involved running a multiple room, multiple provider operation vs operating a small family daycare from a building that is also your home and probably the reason why home providers can charge less.

In my area some home providers charge more, some less but centers usually more so along those lines my question is in an economic downturn does being able to offer lower cost care an advantage to the home provider market share in an economic downturn. YKWIM

https://www.childcareservices.org/20...d-the-economy/
Ariana 07:48 AM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by Faith is a gift too:
I'm sorry my question is not center vs home care rates or cost. I have no experience with the costs of running a center but would want to agree that yes their must be more expenses involved running a multiple room, multiple provider operation vs operating a small family daycare from a building that is also your home and probably the reason why home providers can charge less.

In my area some home providers charge more, some less but centers usually more so along those lines my question is in an economic downturn does being able to offer lower cost care an advantage to the home provider market share in an economic downturn. YKWIM

https://www.childcareservices.org/20...d-the-economy/
Yes of course but it is simply a matter of supply and demand. As demand goes up our prices will also go up. In an economic downturn we may not be in as much of a demand if people are not working. People may switch to home daycares to save money as well. We also cater to a certain demographic of people in that we are cheaper. I am cheaper than a centre but am an ECE so am able to charge more.
Tags:business management, rates, supply and demand
Reply Up