Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help Switching To School District Schedule!
kidcrazednluvingit 11:03 AM 06-10-2015
Hello everyone!

This is my first time posting anything here, but I have benefited so much from advice I have read on this forum!

I know some of you base your work hours on your school district's schedule, and I am hoping to switch over to that this January. I know I will lose most of my current families (all but one) and I am a little nervous about this transition so I was hoping for some advice from those of you who do this already.

How is it worded (hours of care) in your contract? Do you charge less than other providers to attract a smaller pool of clients? And how would you notify current families of your plans? Any advice is VERY appreciated! I am feeling so overwhelmed! Thanks!
Blackcat31 01:11 PM 06-10-2015
Originally Posted by kidcrazednluvingit:
Hello everyone!

This is my first time posting anything here, but I have benefited so much from advice I have read on this forum!

I know some of you base your work hours on your school district's schedule, and I am hoping to switch over to that this January. I know I will lose most of my current families (all but one) and I am a little nervous about this transition so I was hoping for some advice from those of you who do this already.

How is it worded (hours of care) in your contract? Do you charge less than other providers to attract a smaller pool of clients? And how would you notify current families of your plans? Any advice is VERY appreciated! I am feeling so overwhelmed! Thanks!
Welcome to the forum!

I have no advice about following the school districts calendar as I do not do that but I am sure there are several providers that do that will give you some great advice!
jenboo 03:18 PM 06-10-2015
Spinnymarie has a great rate plan she uses!
kidcrazednluvingit 07:06 AM 06-11-2015
Thanks you guys! I will keep researching
Tags:public school, public school schedule, rate - structure
Reply Up