Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 05-06-2021, 05:56 AM
Unregistered

Question Time to Talk with Parent

How to talk to parents about holding their baby all the time?

She’s 5 months old and I can’t put her down for any length of time before she screamed to be held. She’s not very strong yet either hardly ever rolls over.

What would you say to the parents?
Old 05-06-2021, 06:17 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Nothing.

I would put her down in the floor with toys the majority of the day.
Old 05-06-2021, 07:37 AM
Day Care Owner

Come join us at the new site

https://forum.daycare.com

Last edited by Michael; 05-06-2021 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Corrected address
Old 05-06-2021, 02:08 PM
Daycare.com Member

I had to term a 7 month old because the child would not stop crying. She too was developmentally delayed.

The mom was young, first time mom, lived at home with her parents. On more than one occasion, the mom, grandma, and great grandma all made comments about how they have “a lot of hands to pass (child) to at home.” When I asked them to work on holding her less at home, suddenly the child was like a hot potato. No one ever held her, she played on the floor with her toys by herself, etc.

After 8 weeks of hearing her scream at the top of her lungs, I finally got the courage to term her. That was the first time I had a great grandma cuss me out because “with as much money as I make” I should be able to deal with it.
Old 05-09-2021, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlmomma View Post
I had to term a 7 month old because the child would not stop crying. She too was developmentally delayed.

The mom was young, first time mom, lived at home with her parents. On more than one occasion, the mom, grandma, and great grandma all made comments about how they have “a lot of hands to pass (child) to at home.” When I asked them to work on holding her less at home, suddenly the child was like a hot potato. No one ever held her, she played on the floor with her toys by herself, etc.

After 8 weeks of hearing her scream at the top of her lungs, I finally got the courage to term her. That was the first time I had a great grandma cuss me out because “with as much money as I make” I should be able to deal with it.

In 2010, I worked in a HeadStart. Since it is a government run agency, they posted salaries online with your full name. One time, a parent questioned me about not doing certain projects. I replied "If I do something out of the curriculum, I have to buy supplies". The reply I got was "I know you make XK a year!". It was my salary.
Old 05-21-2021, 06:13 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In 2010, I worked in a HeadStart. Since it is a government run agency, they posted salaries online with your full name. One time, a parent questioned me about not doing certain projects. I replied "If I do something out of the curriculum, I have to buy supplies". The reply I got was "I know you make XK a year!". It was my salary.
RUDE! I don’t like when parents think that just because they pay us X amount of money and judging by the number of children we have, they think we’re millionaires and we’re expected to deal with anything. My groups and my mental health always comes first. No amount of money will ever make me want to hear a child scream for hours on end. I run my home daycare as an LLC and I pay taxes. I promise you, I break even. I’m literally a SAHM that buys toys and puts food on the table
Old 05-21-2021, 07:10 AM
False Sense Of Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Why would they post that type of info online?? That has nothing to do with the children or parents!

Tags
clingy, holding baby, infant - behavior, infant play space