Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Mine/Me Too/Well at MY House...
SilverSabre25 07:34 AM 07-20-2012
Argh my dcks are in weird stages right now.

My dcb (who is 4) claims everything that we have that's the same as his at home--this one book in particular. He insists it's his and wants to take it home and cries because it's here. We talk about how he has the same one at home and that HIS is still there but THIS one is ours and needs to stay. I would expect this out of a 2 but not a 4. It gets wearing.

Everything that one says elicits a "ME TOO!" from the other. Even when these things are definitely NOT something the other child did/has/etc. I gently correct them sometimes and ignore it others but it gets wearing.

And the same DCB from Mine above says, no less than 140 times a day (give or take a few :P) "Well but at MY house..." which is fine and dandy but it's about EVERYTHING. I say sometime about a cat and he insists that at HIS house they have a different cat...which is true, but really kid? It gets wearing.

And then my dcg keeps bringing up the zoo...in every conversation. This is a transcript of the sort of thing I deal with ALL DAY...Me: "Hi kitty!" DCB: "Well at MY house we have a dog!" DCG:" Me too! I went to the zoo and saw monkeys and bats and snakes!" ME:
kathiemarie 08:15 AM 07-20-2012
I don't have any help. I have the same thing going here but mine is 6.
Sunchimes 08:52 AM 07-20-2012
I don't have any ideas either. Mine aren't talking that much yet. But now you are scaring me.
nothingwithoutjoy 09:49 AM 07-20-2012
One of mine has an imaginary friend who does everything bigger/better/faster/naughtier/more dangerous than anything anyone else ever mentions. :-)
DaisyMamma 10:45 AM 07-20-2012
Just ignore them
Sugar Magnolia 12:11 PM 07-20-2012
The 4 year old is too old for that noise. I have two 2 year old girls who we refer to as "me me" and "mine mine".
Sprouts 01:51 PM 07-20-2012
Lol the three year old i watch always says "my mommy lets me...." and I reply "well here at ****** child care I make the rules, and we dont do that here" with a big smile she finally got the point
kathiemarie 04:06 PM 07-20-2012
Originally Posted by Sprouts:
Lol the three year old i watch always says "my mommy lets me...." and I reply "well here at ****** child care I make the rules, and we dont do that here" with a big smile she finally got the point
I tell mine this also. We have Mommy rules and Kathie's rules. When you are with Kathie you follow MY rules!
Reply Up