Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Providers Own Kids Helping
dekalbc5 08:03 PM 01-02-2014
Do I have to have workers comp. for my own children that help me in my daycare? We are in NY state, they are 15 years old.
I am currently in the process of getting a quote for workers comp. for my husband, he is my daycare assistant for my group family daycare. I just wanted to make sure what is needed before I speak with the rep. for the workers comp. I have had been told by some providers yes and others say I don't need anything for my children to work for me.
TomCopeland 01:39 PM 01-03-2014
Originally Posted by dekalbc5:
Do I have to have workers comp. for my own children that help me in my daycare? We are in NY state, they are 15 years old.
I am currently in the process of getting a quote for workers comp. for my husband, he is my daycare assistant for my group family daycare. I just wanted to make sure what is needed before I speak with the rep. for the workers comp. I have had been told by some providers yes and others say I don't need anything for my children to work for me.
Each state has different laws regarding workers compensation insurance. In New York you must have this insurance even when you hire your own children.
Tags:taxes
Reply Up