Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Agra/Biz Plan and Work Comp
Logged out 12:03 PM 02-25-2014
I live in MN. Our new licensing guidelines say we must provide work comp for non family employees. I use an agra/biz plan to pay my husband as an employee, and they w2 him, submit taxes on his behalf and mine.

So, does this formal hiring of my husband mean that I must provide work comp on him? Im so confused.
TomCopeland 10:09 AM 02-26-2014
Originally Posted by Logged out:
I live in MN. Our new licensing guidelines say we must provide work comp for non family employees. I use an agra/biz plan to pay my husband as an employee, and they w2 him, submit taxes on his behalf and mine.

So, does this formal hiring of my husband mean that I must provide work comp on him? Im so confused.
No, in Minnesota you are not required to get workers compensation for your husband. Other states may require workers compensation insurance when hiring family members.

By the way, Biz Plan is the largest carrier of medical reimbursement plans that allow providers to hire their husband and deduct 100% of their noninsured medical bills as a business expense. If you sign up with them and tell them the code: TOMA, you will get a 10% discount. Here's more about this plan: http://www.tomcopelandblog.com/2013/...deduction.html
Reply Up