Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Potty Training Policy
SnowGirl 03:09 PM 02-22-2016
Hello!

I want to ask what everyone does for potty training...here is my current policy:

"Potty Training
We must work together if potty training is going to work. If you are not working with your child at home, I cannot work with them here. While your child is potty training he/she will be required to wear diapers or pull ups. Once they have been accident free for several days, then we may try regular underpants. During this time please make sure they are wearing clothes that are easy to pull up and down. No overalls, belts or onesies.
All baby and children's diapers will be changed every 3 hours unless they have a dirty diaper (bm) or a full wet diaper. Please let me know if you prefer your child to be changed more frequently. You will be responsible for providing all diapers, pull ups and baby wipes."

After enough headache with Potty Training, I feel like I need to be more rigid than I have been. Specifically: I want to avoid helping parents push their children to train before the children are ready to train. Does anyone have a policy stating when they are willing to start potty training (ie - the signs child must be showing before provider will start)? Would you be willing to share the wording?

TIA!
nannyde 03:28 PM 02-22-2016
https://www.daycare.com/nannyde/pott...to-parents.htm
SnowGirl 03:34 PM 02-22-2016
THANK YOU! This is all I need, and more! I'm going to work on my letter ASAP, and put this in my contract.

Or, is this not really contract-worthy?
nannyde 03:44 PM 02-22-2016
Originally Posted by SnowGirl:
THANK YOU! This is all I need, and more! I'm going to work on my letter ASAP, and put this in my contract.

Or, is this not really contract-worthy?
Policy worthy for sure.

Read the comments. They are better than the blog ;-)
Reply Up