Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Thermometer Do You Use?
jenboo 06:17 PM 12-01-2019
I searched and it's been a couple years since one these threads had been posted.
Im in the market for a new thermometer. I only care for babies 0-24 months. Im looking for something that gives very accurate readings for a reasonable price.
Ariana 06:56 PM 12-01-2019
I am not going to be much help, being from Canada, but I find the generic drugstore brand to be the best thermometer I have ever used. It is simple, takes a watch type battery and gives very accurate readings and is so reliable!
jenboo 06:40 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I am not going to be much help, being from Canada, but I find the generic drugstore brand to be the best thermometer I have ever used. It is simple, takes a watch type battery and gives very accurate readings and is so reliable!
Is it a mouth one?
Blackcat31 07:16 AM 12-02-2019
I use a Braun ear thermometer.

"gifted" to me by a DCP that is a nurse.

I like it and it's been easy to use and reliable too
Ariana 08:03 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by jenboo:
Is it a mouth one?
It is a mouth one but I use it under the arm and add a degree.

To be honest I know a kid has a fever when they feel warm and if I kiss their forehead it feels hot on my lips. Then I get the thermometer out to confirm. I have never been wrong!
jenboo 08:39 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I use a Braun ear thermometer.

"gifted" to me by a DCP that is a nurse.

I like it and it's been easy to use and reliable too
I have a Braun ear one currently but the readings are all over the place.
Cat Herder 11:18 AM 12-02-2019
I use digital axillary for fever (add 1), temporal for confirmation and tympanic to confirm/exclude ear infection (one most likely will be higher).
jenboo 12:40 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I use digital axillary for fever (add 1), temporal for confirmation and tympanic to confirm/exclude ear infection (one most likely will be higher).
Which brands do you have
Ariana 12:53 PM 12-02-2019
I have a Braun ear one currently but the readings are all over the place.
I had this one as well and it did not work well for me. It would not register a very clear fever.
Cat Herder 01:33 PM 12-02-2019
Which brands do you have
The digital axillary and tympanic are both "The First Years" and the temporal artery scanner is "Exergen". I got all three at Walgreens.
Cat Herder 01:39 PM 12-02-2019
I also had a Braun, it stopped working well after the first year.
flying_babyb 05:12 PM 12-02-2019
We have 4 of the dollar tree ones, they seem pretty accurate! Most of the time why say the same thing the er doc says when the parents take the kids in.
Tags:thermometer
Reply Up