Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 12-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Natalee

Default Storing Soiled Diaper

What is the best method of storing soiled cloth diapers?
Old 12-04-2011, 08:15 PM
Daycare.com Member

I cloth diaper my children.

I do not use a wet bucket (as my mother did) because of the 'ick' factor and the drowning risk. I do use a wet bag.

Poopy diapers get dumped in the toilet and then tossed in the wetbag. I zip it up to keep smells in. Then I turn the wetbag inside out in the washer...dumping the contents in, and then throwing in the wetbag itself.

When we travel I keep a smaller wetbag in my diaperbag. If I had clients who used cloth diapers then I would require a wetbag for their diaperbag to store soiled diapers for the day.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:59 PM
Family Childcare Home

I cloth diaper my son also and offer cloth diapering here at daycare as long as they're pocket diapers. I also use a wet bag and require clients to provide one as well. It has to be big enough to fit an entires worth of cloth diapers in there. All of the wet bags are hung from a towel peg in our bathroom. I have a plug-in air freshner in there for the smell. Every day the clients takes their bag home, every evening I throw mine in the wash.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Wet bags have always kept most of the smell contained for me.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:14 AM

I cloth diaper any dck in diapers and I just use a huge wetbag too.

I stick it in the garage and use a diaper service. They give me a huge wetbag and I store a week's worth of diapers in there. They pick them up once a week and leave new diapers.

The wetbag works to keep the stink out.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:49 AM
Daycare.com Member

I also put a piece of cotton with a few drops of tea tree oil on it into my wet bag to keep odor down.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:54 AM

I cloth diapered my kids and a few daycare kids. Shake off the solid waste and put the diaper ina wet bag provided by the parents. Easy peasy!
Old 12-05-2011, 06:08 AM
Daycare.com Member

Wet bags!

I cloth diaper my son and will with my soon to be newborn. I've advertised as being a cloth diaper friendly daycare, but have never had anyone interested. I usually get weird looks when I bring it up.

I got a call last week for a newborn, and she asked if I was willing to use cloth on her baby. I'm so excited!! I think it will be awesome to have a client that I have something else in common with. She sounded very excited too. Interview on Wednesday!
Old 12-05-2011, 06:18 AM

I just bought a bunch of new cloth diapers! I'm oddly excited to get them.

Anyway, I use an old Kirkland bucket from laundry detergent. I have a baby gate right next to the diaper changer, and I throw them over the gate into the bucket.

I have one just like it with a plastic bag inside for the sposies.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:34 AM
Family Childcare Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenNJ View Post
I cloth diapered my kids and a few daycare kids. Shake off the solid waste and put the diaper ina wet bag provided by the parents. Easy peasy!
I even suggest that parents also provide flushable liners, parents like the idea. Diapers with a BM can just have the liner peeled off and there's less mess in the diaper itself, also less odor because most of the waste is flushed down the toily.

Tags
cloth diapers