Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 08-05-2011, 09:20 AM
Family Childcare Home

Default Shoes Are In Her Bag

So DCM drops off DCG wrapped in a blanket and still sleepy eyed and lays her on the couch. She's fully dressed and her hair is brushed etc so that's a good sign (I checked). DCM tells me as she's leaving that DCG's shoes and an extra pair of socks are in her bag and leaves to work. I take a quick peek in the bag and yep they're in there alright. They're a cute pair in fact. They're shiny, silver and purple ... plastic dress-up shoes. Really?
Old 08-05-2011, 09:22 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa View Post
So DCM drops off DCG wrapped in a blanket and still sleepy eyed and lays her on the couch. She's fully dressed and her hair is brushed etc so that's a good sign (I checked). DCM tells me as she's leaving that DCG's shoes and an extra pair of socks are in her bag and leaves to work. I take a quick peek in the bag and yep they're in there alright. They're a cute pair in fact. They're shiny, silver and purple ... plastic dress-up shoes. Really?
LOL Seriously it makes you wonder what some parents are thinking! Geez...
Old 08-05-2011, 10:31 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I have had that before, too..high heels.

Mine also came in the matching Disney Princess, mall toy store, dressup gown, though...

I just changed her into appropriate clothing real quick and sent the TOYS back with mom for safe keeping.

Have you seen the price tags on those?!! There is no way that thing would have lasted a day here...
Old 08-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Family Childcare Home

Yep the shoes broke here . I just packed them back in the bag and explained it to DCM. She gave me this look , I gave her this look , she asked me what happened and tried to give me this look , I told her "you brought her those shoes instead of real shoes so she wanted to wear those all day" and then she gave me this look .

I tell ya. I just let them bring whatever they want as long as it isn't dangerous. They tend not to bring anything though because it always ends up broken. She even asked me why my toys don't break and I told her that I forked out a pretty penny for stronger and sturdier toys that can withstand the beating. They sure don't make toys like they used to let me tell you. Toys from home don't last more than 2 seconds here.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:53 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa View Post
I take a quick peek in the bag and yep they're in there alright. They're a cute pair in fact. They're shiny, silver and purple ... plastic dress-up shoes. Really?
Ahahahahaha! Sorry they broke but DUH! What WAS she thinking?

They're as bad as the flip flops the parents send them in when we tell them over and over - no open toed shoes.

Tags
dress code, liability, safety issues, unreasonable parental expectations