Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 10-08-2015, 03:44 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default New Environment - Need Adice

We just bought a home, and we are remodeling one room to be 100% daycare. I am super excited! I am lost on what color scheme to have. I want the room to be warm and inviting, but not over stimulating. I would love any suggestions on paint colors and ideas on how to set up the room. The size is 12' x 25'. If you have pictures you could post, or other helpful resources, that would be awesome!

Thank you!
Old 10-08-2015, 03:46 PM
Daycare.com Member

I painted my daycare room "peaceful slumber" it's a very light blue.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:02 PM
Daycare.com Member

My DC room is painted a light bluish/grayish, with black cubby shelves, tan fabric cubby bins and brown and black shag rugs to separate the centers.

I wanted a neutral scheme since all the toys are so colorful.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:31 PM
Daycare.com Member

I like neutral colors for walls. The toys and anything you put on the walls can add color.

I used to work at a center where my classroom walls were lime green. Finding things that didn't clash with that was a nightmare.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:54 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

My cottage (1 bedroom guest house) has lots of wainscoting. The living room is cream white wash, blue/grey carpet, bedroom light blue walls for restful sleep. I'm tossing around idea of a mural or put the $ into a natural playscape.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:09 PM

Sage green? Light peach? Blue/gray? I'm not a fan of beige. Nuetral is nice, boring is not.

There is a decor group. Maybe look there. Also Google Reggio Emelia programs; they are typically beautiful spaces.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:15 PM
Daycare.com Member

I used Valspars Bay Waves. It's a soft blue color and it compliments just about anything I put in the room.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (49.1 KB, 7 views)
Old 10-09-2015, 12:48 AM

My main daycare area is a light spring green (very pale) and the back room is a light yellow (pale). It is very relaxing and helps to keep it bright.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:24 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Thank you!

These are all excellent points to keep in mind! I appreciate everyone taking the time to help.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:13 AM
Daycare.com Member

I'm not much help because my walls in the playroom are pine boards. And lots of windows. I did replace my orangish(and very ugly) rug a few years ago, to a blue-gray short nap carpet and I like it a lot, it hides everything.
I'd be curious as to how you'll be setting up your space though. My room is similar in dimensions(11'x30') and I have trouble separating play areas. Plus it's where they nap so I have to maintain a set-up that's easy to switch a bit to provide napping barriers, otherwise no one sleeps.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:27 AM

I just painted mine an almost Tennessee vols orange. It's actually some kind on manderine. I just love it!
With things on the walls the color pops but isn't too vibrant. Mine is a sunroom with Bedford stone at the bottom so only the walls on the window part are colored. It balances nicely.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:14 AM

Mine is newly a lovely green.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150821_155912.jpg (60.7 KB, 17 views)
Old 10-09-2015, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
Mine is newly a lovely green.