Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Gassy Baby
mamamanda 11:09 AM 01-24-2018
My little niece is 5 mo & she's been pretty colicky all along. I've read about the purple period of crying, but this is way, way more than what I'd consider normal & even though she's nearing six months it's getting worse instead of better. She often cries 6-7 of the 10 hours she's here & may cry another 7 hours for mom at home. She hardly sleeps for all the crying. Last night she cried for 4 hours straight & then projectile vomited a huge wad of mucus followed by tons of milk. She immediately calmed & went to sleep only to wake up less than 2 hours later crying again.

Her mom took her to the Dr today. We were thinking maybe reflux? Dr did x-rays to check for a bowel blockage, but didn't think reflux was likely since she doesn't throw up often. However when she does it's always that thick mucusy stuff. X-rays showed large amount of trapped gas but no other issues. So they're assuming the gas is causing discomfort however we've tried gas drops & they don't help.

She also isn't eating as much as normal, arches & pulls away from both bottle & breast, & seems constantly tired (obviously since she doesn't sleep long at all. She is a breastfed baby. Have you experienced anything like this?
Tags:gassy
Up