Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Not Listening...
MomBoss 02:08 PM 12-07-2017
Im really struggling with DCG 3. She acts like rules dont apply to her and doesnt listen to what I tell her to do or not do. Ive never known a 3 year old to have so much "entitlement". An example:
I tell her "We dont throw toys, you may hurt someone." She acts like she heard me but 2 min later she starts throwing toys! She will even encourage kids to do the same. "Come on Jane lets throw the legos!"
Everyday I tell her Dont touch the baby, keep your hands to yourself, dont throw toys, dont climb on the furniture, dont touch *whatever*, clean up (refuses), dont hang on the curtains, no talking out of turn/during story time/circle time..the list goes on. My 2 year olds dont have a problem following the rules. Its like she has a defience disorder or impulse problem. If i put her in time out she tells me "i dont want to". She acts like its the worse thing in the world and I tell her behave and you wont have to go to time out. She doesnt care. I try time outs, taking toys away, idk what else to do. She doesnt seem to care about consequences. She also has the worst tantrums.
I dont understand why she thinks listening is a choice.
What else can I do...
Up