Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Would You Do?
tenderhearts 10:10 AM 03-04-2011
I have a dcb who just turned 4. He is really big for a 4 yr old, he looks about 7-9 yrs old in body size. He's generally a really good kid but in his "moments" which isn't often but if he's not listening and I tell him he needs to go in time out, he'll start crying and wont budge, he will not move, so how do you get them to "time out", leave him there where he's at? Today he started crying but he was sitting in all the toys he was getting in time out over so if I left him there he would have played with them, if I pick them up it's not teaching him HE needs to clean his mess? Any ideas?
JenNJ 10:13 AM 03-04-2011
Time to talk to mom and dad. He needs to learn to listen! What if there is a fire or emergency and he won't listen? He needs a reality check asap.
Lilbutterflie 10:35 AM 03-04-2011
You can physically put your hand on top of his, and make him pick it up and put it away (with your hand guiding his).
tenderhearts 11:29 AM 03-04-2011
thanks, I don't feel it's parent talk time yet just because this isn't a daily even a weekly thing, very seldom does he do this so it's not like a "behavior" problem. I did try guiding his hand but he was so worked up crying he wasn't cooperating.
JenNJ 07:05 AM 03-05-2011
Anytime a child isn't minding your rules, its time to talk to the parents. It will be resolved much quicker if everyone is working on a solution.
Tags:behavior problems, big baby, wwyd
Reply Up