Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Don't Put Your Child in ****** Daycare in Newport Beach California
Unregistered 04:20 PM 08-18-2017
PLEASE READ!!! I don't normally post but HOPE MY MESSAGE WILL SAVE A LIFE!. For the sake of your children's safety, I strongly encourage you to NOT register your child at ***** facility. My child went there a year ago, when KP took over, and nearly DIED in their care. I put my child in a different school soon after. When my doctor and I approached the school and their corporate office about this matter we were told they weren't sorry because them focusing on getting more money was more important. Also it is nice how teachers try to give advice but our doctors always told us their advice was 20 years out of date. And some of their advice put my child's safety in jeopardy. In addition one of the parents who is currently enrolled there but looking elsewhere said they have been issued numerous citations by the state including catching staff allowing one of the older boys to repeatedly touch and fondle one of the girls in their private area--the state actually witnessed it when they made an unannounced visit. While I was there I was told by other parents how a couple of children have broken bones at their facility, I personally saw and heard the teachers screaming at/being verbally abusive towards the children, and even witnessed them hitting/physically abusing the children--and slapping them. LW and J were the ones I heard do this the most. I also saw numerous children leave the school with a black eye, which can happen, but they seem to have an inordinate amount of these "falls" at their school. In addition the teachers were full of interpersonal drama, cattiness to their teachers and director, had infighting , and would constantly complain how they could make more money working at a fast food restaurant. For many of them it was just a below minimum wage job and nothing more. I also witnessed them yelling at and cursing at some of the grandparents--a few times.

TO SEE THEIR STATE CITATIONS/VIOLATIONS go to ******. In addition when we started there the power in the building went out at least three or four times during the workday--I think over three months but have to check. Not only did having to take off of work for this put my job in jeopardy but their faulty wiring made me concerned about the safety of the children. And on top of that they always had sewage issues that not only made the site unsafe but made it smell badly. I think at one point their system had to be worked on 3-4 times in one month. Finally, when I signed up I was told I would have to pay a one-time security deposit but then, with no notice, they mandated we pay a security deposit I believe every quarter--an additional $300 at least each time. THERE ARE TOO MANY GOOD SCHOOLS OUT THERE--DONT SETTLE FOR THIS PLACE BECAUSE YOU COULD BE PUTTING YOUR CHILDS HEALTH AT RISK!! Also check out other ***** locations--the "pica pica" story where teachers in *** would hold kids down and stick them with push pins. Also see the files on the SA location where the teachers allowed a child to eat dirt and the child ended up vomiting--see the comments how the staff blew it off.

Update: I was recently told by our current daycare provider that schools are supposed to have fire and disaster drills about once a month to stay licensed--we never even had this while my daughter was there. Also while we were there two rooms had to be shut down because they did not pass fire code inspection.

From what I have been told these rooms are still shut down over a year later. I am also now being told the parents are leaving this school in droves. While we were there the director would also allow sick kids to stay all day in the front office when the licensing department said doing this is illegal because the front office is not a licensed area for kids to be in. In addition if you will look at the state complaint you will see the school has violations for some of their staff not getting criminal background checks. Also, this school has barely any toys for the toddlers and infants to play with. I was also told before I started that all of the teachers had bachelors degrees. Only one of them did and even the center director at the time turned out to be a former physical education teacher.
Michael 04:39 PM 08-18-2017
I've removed all specific names and locations from your post. I suggest if you want to file a complaint, you do so with either the local police department or your state's Childcare Licensing Agency.

File a Complaint: http://www.cdss.ca.gov/Reporting/Fil...CLD-Complaints

Child Care Licensing Agency
California Department of Social Services
Community Care Licensing Division
Child Care Licensing Program
744 P Street, Mail Stop 19-48
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 229-4500
Fax: (916)-229-4508
daycare 05:19 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
PLEASE READ!!! I don't normally post but HOPE MY MESSAGE WILL SAVE A LIFE!. For the sake of your children's safety, I strongly encourage you to NOT register your child at ***** facility. My child went there a year ago, when KP took over, and nearly DIED in their care. I put my child in a different school soon after. When my doctor and I approached the school and their corporate office about this matter we were told they weren't sorry because them focusing on getting more money was more important. Also it is nice how teachers try to give advice but our doctors always told us their advice was 20 years out of date. And some of their advice put my child's safety in jeopardy. In addition one of the parents who is currently enrolled there but looking elsewhere said they have been issued numerous citations by the state including catching staff allowing one of the older boys to repeatedly touch and fondle one of the girls in their private area--the state actually witnessed it when they made an unannounced visit. While I was there I was told by other parents how a couple of children have broken bones at their facility, I personally saw and heard the teachers screaming at/being verbally abusive towards the children, and even witnessed them hitting/physically abusing the children--and slapping them. LW and J were the ones I heard do this the most. I also saw numerous children leave the school with a black eye, which can happen, but they seem to have an inordinate amount of these "falls" at their school. In addition the teachers were full of interpersonal drama, cattiness to their teachers and director, had infighting , and would constantly complain how they could make more money working at a fast food restaurant. For many of them it was just a below minimum wage job and nothing more. I also witnessed them yelling at and cursing at some of the grandparents--a few times.

TO SEE THEIR STATE CITATIONS/VIOLATIONS go to ******. In addition when we started there the power in the building went out at least three or four times during the workday--I think over three months but have to check. Not only did having to take off of work for this put my job in jeopardy but their faulty wiring made me concerned about the safety of the children. And on top of that they always had sewage issues that not only made the site unsafe but made it smell badly. I think at one point their system had to be worked on 3-4 times in one month. Finally, when I signed up I was told I would have to pay a one-time security deposit but then, with no notice, they mandated we pay a security deposit I believe every quarter--an additional $300 at least each time. THERE ARE TOO MANY GOOD SCHOOLS OUT THERE--DONT SETTLE FOR THIS PLACE BECAUSE YOU COULD BE PUTTING YOUR CHILDS HEALTH AT RISK!! Also check out other ***** locations--the "pica pica" story where teachers in *** would hold kids down and stick them with push pins. Also see the files on the SA location where the teachers allowed a child to eat dirt and the child ended up vomiting--see the comments how the staff blew it off.

Update: I was recently told by our current daycare provider that schools are supposed to have fire and disaster drills about once a month to stay licensed--we never even had this while my daughter was there. Also while we were there two rooms had to be shut down because they did not pass fire code inspection.

From what I have been told these rooms are still shut down over a year later. I am also now being told the parents are leaving this school in droves. While we were there the director would also allow sick kids to stay all day in the front office when the licensing department said doing this is illegal because the front office is not a licensed area for kids to be in. In addition if you will look at the state complaint you will see the school has violations for some of their staff not getting criminal background checks. Also, this school has barely any toys for the toddlers and infants to play with. I was also told before I started that all of the teachers had bachelors degrees. Only one of them did and even the center director at the time turned out to be a former physical education teacher.
I'm sorry you went through this. But if yo saw all of that happened then why did you continue to stay?
Tags:california - regulations, complaints
Reply Up