Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Kidkare Question For Taxes
Country Kids 11:34 AM 02-05-2018
I have a family where one parent claims the childcare one year, the next year is the other parents turn.

I collect the payment from one parent, have a contract with that parent, all paperwork is in this parents name, see this parent everyday the child is in attendance. I see the other parent maybe five min on a drop off one day a week.

So since the kidkare account is in the one parents name for payment, is there a way to change it all so the parent that get to claim this year has their name on the printout for total paid for the year.
TomCopeland 11:44 AM 02-05-2018
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
I have a family where one parent claims the childcare one year, the next year is the other parents turn.

I collect the payment from one parent, have a contract with that parent, all paperwork is in this parents name, see this parent everyday the child is in attendance. I see the other parent maybe five min on a drop off one day a week.

So since the kidkare account is in the one parents name for payment, is there a way to change it all so the parent that get to claim this year has their name on the printout for total paid for the year.
No, there isn't. And there shouldn't be. The reason is that you don't know what the parents are going to do about claiming the child care tax credit and it's not your problem. Give the receipt to the parent who paid you. Let them sort out who is claiming the child care tax credit. They don't submit your receipt to the IRS anyway.
Country Kids 11:50 AM 02-05-2018
Thank you Tom!!! So glad I posted, big stress reliever.
Tags:kidkare
Reply Up