Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Exclusive Use of Room Question
NeedaVaca 09:34 AM 03-11-2018
I have a large room that I would like to claim as exclusive use but I'm not positive on the rules. The room itself is ONLY used by daycare, however, when you first walk in the room there is a door to the left that is the laundry room and a door to the right that is a family music room. Basically we have to step into the daycare space to enter these rooms so does that count? My kids take about 3 steps in the daycare room, does that make it a no go for 100% or is it ok to claim?
TomCopeland 02:33 PM 03-12-2018
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
I have a large room that I would like to claim as exclusive use but I'm not positive on the rules. The room itself is ONLY used by daycare, however, when you first walk in the room there is a door to the left that is the laundry room and a door to the right that is a family music room. Basically we have to step into the daycare space to enter these rooms so does that count? My kids take about 3 steps in the daycare room, does that make it a no go for 100% or is it ok to claim?
Believe it or not, there is a rule that says walking through an exclusive use room does not destroy its exclusivity. So, count this room as exclusive use.
NeedaVaca 07:33 AM 03-13-2018
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
Believe it or not, there is a rule that says walking through an exclusive use room does not destroy its exclusivity. So, count this room as exclusive use.
Thanks SO much!!
Tags:deduction - rooms, deduction - spaces, tom copeland
Reply Up