Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Question About Standard Meal Deduction and Recordkeeping
SherriW 01:04 PM 04-03-2018
As an unlicensed daycare who does not participate in the CACFP but does take the tier one standard deductions for meals served (to avoid keeping receipts/record keeping), how detailed do my records need to be?

Can i just keep the form from RedLeaf that counts the number of breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks for each child each day? Or do I need a specific menu showing what foods were served to go along with the number counts?

Thanks!
TomCopeland 10:24 AM 04-04-2018
Originally Posted by SherriW:
As an unlicensed daycare who does not participate in the CACFP but does take the tier one standard deductions for meals served (to avoid keeping receipts/record keeping), how detailed do my records need to be?

Can i just keep the form from RedLeaf that counts the number of breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks for each child each day? Or do I need a specific menu showing what foods were served to go along with the number counts?

Thanks!
Using the Redleaf Press Calendar Keeper is all you need. You only need to record attendance and the type of meals and snacks served to each child. No menus or receipts are needed. So, it can look like this: Monday, January 3rd, Sally - Breakfast, am snack, Lunch, pm snack. That's it.
Tags:cacfp, deduction - meals, receipts, record keeping, tom copeland
Reply Up