Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Home Warranty
storybookending 07:56 AM 10-27-2018
When I purchased my home in 2016 I also purchased a Home warranty as the house and all of the appliances were older. I pay $450 a year. I have not thought to write off the expense in the past (if allowed) and now I am wondering if I can write off my T/S% of the home warranty going forward.

If I am allowed to write off part of the expense am I then allowed to also write off part of the service charge the local appliance store charges for the house call. I believe last year it was $39 and they deemed my dishwasher unfixable and the warranty company bought me a brand new one.

My dryer quit working yesterday, I’m going to have my dad look at it and see if it’s just something stupid I am missing and if not call the warranty people about getting the fixed/replaced.
TomCopeland 03:55 PM 10-27-2018
Originally Posted by storybookending:
When I purchased my home in 2016 I also purchased a Home warranty as the house and all of the appliances were older. I pay $450 a year. I have not thought to write off the expense in the past (if allowed) and now I am wondering if I can write off my T/S% of the home warranty going forward.

If I am allowed to write off part of the expense am I then allowed to also write off part of the service charge the local appliance store charges for the house call. I believe last year it was $39 and they deemed my dishwasher unfixable and the warranty company bought me a brand new one.

My dryer quit working yesterday, I’m going to have my dad look at it and see if it’s just something stupid I am missing and if not call the warranty people about getting the fixed/replaced.
You can deduct your time-space% of warranties on appliances and the service charge. These are considered "ordinary and necessary" for your business.
storybookending 06:30 PM 10-27-2018
Thank you Tom!
Reply Up