Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Flowers?
Baby Beluga 08:23 AM 12-05-2018
I keep a pot of flowers on my front step. In part because I like them and in part because I think it makes the area feel welcome. are the supplies for this deductible via t/s % or no?
daycarediva 10:56 AM 12-05-2018
Good question!

I have a separate DC entrance. I decorate the porch and entryway seasonally. I was going to deduct it 100%. I'm assuming if it's shared usage it would be T/S.
TomCopeland 12:18 PM 12-05-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
I keep a pot of flowers on my front step. In part because I like them and in part because I think it makes the area feel welcome. are the supplies for this deductible via t/s % or no?
You can deduct expenses that are "ordinary and necessary" for your business. You could argue that the flowers do attract potential clients and are what make your home a home for children. Apply your time-space%.
Baby Beluga 09:25 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
You can deduct expenses that are "ordinary and necessary" for your business. You could argue that the flowers do attract potential clients and are what make your home a home for children. Apply your time-space%.
I am liking this rule...curb appeal certainly does help draw in the right clients! Thanks Tom
AmyKidsCo 01:24 PM 12-07-2018
I deduct those kinds of things. Also flowers my hubby buys me - I put them where the parents can see them (Marketing!) and some have mentioned how pretty they are.
Tags:deduction - decor, deduction - home enhancements, tom copeland
Reply Up