Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Receipts
storybookending 08:13 AM 12-14-2018
This is probably a stupid question.

When I shop at Walmart I have always used the savings catcher app. Basically if there is a lower advertised price in your area the app gives you that money back in the form of an egift card. I get about $100 back a year using it. They have recently changed how the savings catcher app works and you have to use “Walmart Pay” where you use your phone to pay and you do not get a paper receipt and instead it’s within the app.

My question is when it comes to taxes do I need to be printing out every receipt? And now that I’m thinking about it do I even need to be printing every reciept for things that I purchase for daycare online? I have someone do my taxes and I don’t submit any receipts, I just total everything up in a word document and hand him that.
lovemykidstoo 08:42 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by storybookending:

When I shop at Walmart I have always used the savings catcher app. Basically if there is a lower advertised price in your area the app gives you that money back in the form of an egift card. I get about $100 back a year using it. They have recently changed how the savings catcher app works and you have to use “Walmart Pay” where you use your phone to pay and you do not get a paper receipt and instead it’s within the app.

My question is when it comes to taxes do I need to be printing out every receipt? And now that I’m thinking about it do I even need to be printing every reciept for things that I purchase for daycare online? I have someone do my taxes and I don’t submit any receipts, I just total everything up in a word document and hand him that.
I was wondering the same thing. I do that also. I also do the Walmart pickup service where you pay online and don't get a paper receipt. So now I'm goinig to have to go print at least 52 receipts? ugh
TomCopeland 11:35 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by storybookending:

You always want a written record of each business expense. If you can download the receipt at the end of the year, that's okay. If you can go online at the Walmart website and get your receipts, that works. Otherwise, you need to print each one out.
storybookending 12:21 PM 12-15-2018
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
You always want a written record of each business expense. If you can download the receipt at the end of the year, that's okay. If you can go online at the Walmart website and get your receipts, that works. Otherwise, you need to print each one out.
Awesome thanks Tom!
Tags:receipts, receipts - online, tom copeland
Reply Up