Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Swore I'd Never Lay Down with A DCK
Josiegirl 09:59 AM 07-20-2016
But I caved today. I had 2 of them lay down halfway through story time because they were wrestling, tugging everybody's legs, hitting another dck, so I said you must be very tired so you can lay down now while these other 2 finish listening to stories. That was 45 minutes ago.
About 30 minutes ago, dcg, 3 yo, starts crying her eyes out, saying 'Mommy why'd you leave me?' 'Mommy come pick me up' 'Mommy, I need you' 'Mommy where'd you go??'
After about 20 minutes of that I caved. I laid down with her for awhile, then sneaked away to use the bathroom so she stopped for a few minutes. And when she saw me come back in, she started all over again.
Aye aye aye
rosieteddy 10:06 AM 07-20-2016
Don't do it .Get a chair ,read a book close your eyes anything but that.Put some music on .
NillaWafers 11:33 AM 07-20-2016
I always tell myself I won't do anything that I wouldn't do for ALL the kids. Even my own, because it's not fair. This helps to keep me from caving into demands of "UP" and other things.
daycarediva 09:21 AM 07-22-2016
Originally Posted by NillaWafers:
I always tell myself I won't do anything that I wouldn't do for ALL the kids. Even my own, because it's not fair. This helps to keep me from caving into demands of "UP" and other things.

I do a special tuck in and tell kids that laying down is for mommies and daddies only.

I tell them that carrying/picking up is for mommies and daddies only.

I tell them that dessert is for parties and home only.

Different rules at school/home. They get it fast, even my littles (18m+)
Sunchimes 09:38 AM 07-22-2016
I did it with a 2 year old yesterday. She had surgery (minor but painful) Wednesday.She had her pain meds after lunch, and they hadn't kicked in. She was really upset and miserable, so I did it. It comforted her, and I will do it again today if needed. My program is much more lenient than most because of special needs. I couldn't do it in a regular program.n
Josiegirl 10:11 AM 07-22-2016
Well, she tried the same tactic yesterday but I didn't fall for it.
And today she's just rolling and groaning because mommy let them sleep in this a.m.
Reply Up