Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Square Footage
Baby Beluga 01:25 PM 03-07-2018
When measuring the square foot for time/space percentage, do you include counters? For example, in the kitchen, do you measure just floor space or do you include the space the counters/cabinets take up in the measurement.
storybookending 01:32 PM 03-07-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
When measuring the square foot for time/space percentage, do you include counters? For example, in the kitchen, do you measure just floor space or do you include the space the counters/cabinets take up in the measurement.
My state says “usable space free of furniture and equipment” I would assume the counters count as furniture and not count them.
Baby Beluga 03:33 PM 03-07-2018
Originally Posted by storybookending:
My state says “usable space free of furniture and equipment” I would assume the counters count as furniture and not count them.
Mine says the same for measuring square footage for ratio purposes. But since the counters, sink, etc are used for daycare I wondered if it were different when measuring for taxes.
MarinaVanessa 04:20 PM 03-07-2018
If it's for your taxes it's the square footage based on your floorplan. In other words the room measurements if the rooms were completely bare: no furniture, no cabinets, no bathtub, no toilet etc.

The IRS see's the square footage the same as your floorplan at the county assessor's office.
TomCopeland 09:22 AM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
Measure from wall to wall, not the counters.
TomCopeland 09:23 AM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
If it's for your taxes it's the square footage based on your floorplan. In other words the room measurements if the rooms were completely bare: no furniture, no cabinets, no bathtub, no toilet etc.

The IRS see's the square footage the same as your floorplan at the county assessor's office.
Correct.
Tags:deduction - spaces, time space percentage
Reply Up