Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>School Write Off Question
CityGarden 08:32 AM 03-23-2018
If I enroll in a non-degree earning certificate program (i.e. Montessori, RIE, Waldorf, Lifeways, Reggio, etc.) could it be a tax write off?

Could I write off 100% of the tuition? Also could I use the time spent in classes as "work" time?

More and more my program is evolving toward one path and before I consider enrolling in a training program to help specialize my program I want to know if I can write off the time and cost associated with it.
TomCopeland 07:56 PM 03-23-2018
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
If I enroll in a non-degree earning certificate program (i.e. Montessori, RIE, Waldorf, Lifeways, Reggio, etc.) could it be a tax write off?

Could I write off 100% of the tuition? Also could I use the time spent in classes as "work" time?

More and more my program is evolving toward one path and before I consider enrolling in a training program to help specialize my program I want to know if I can write off the time and cost associated with it.
Yes, this is a 100% business expense. Count the hours spent in your home doing homework as business time, but don't count any hours away from your home in a classroom.
CityGarden 10:45 AM 04-17-2018
Thanks so much Tom!
Tags:taxes, tom copeland, waldorf school
Reply Up