Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Not Able to Deduct Camps?
Play Care 01:49 PM 04-02-2018
In the past we've been able to deduct the cost of sending our kids to summer camps and other activities as they are too old for my day care (under 5) but not old enough to be on their own.
This year we were told we couldn't do that? Has something changed? The woman we talked to said overnight camps certainly wouldn't count.
CityGarden 05:30 PM 04-02-2018
I would love for camps to be a write off....

Could it fall under the childcare tax credit or something for your state? I think parents are able to write off some amount of childcare expenses.
Country Kids 10:52 AM 04-03-2018
Hmmm, I have never heard of being able to deduct camps off?
TomCopeland 11:04 AM 04-03-2018
Originally Posted by Play Care:
In the past we've been able to deduct the cost of sending our kids to summer camps and other activities as they are too old for my day care (under 5) but not old enough to be on their own.
This year we were told we couldn't do that? Has something changed? The woman we talked to said overnight camps certainly wouldn't count.
You cannot count the cost of an overnight camp towards the child care tax credit. If your own child is under age 13 and you send them to a day camp while you are caring for children, then you can count this cost towards your personal child care tax credit. It's not a business expense.
Tags:deduction - camps, tax credit, tom copeland
Reply Up