Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Kidkare for Tracking
lovemykidstoo 07:33 AM 04-07-2018
Does anyone use KidKare or tracking their t/s, expenses and income? I just signed up for a free 30 day trial and it looks kinda nice. Do you add on hours for shopping for items for daycare such as supplies and if you do wondering how you do that. For items strictly for daycare do you time from when you leave your house until you get back? If you're grocery shopping and more than 50% of your items, your kids will be consuming do you claim that time?
hwichlaz 03:45 PM 06-12-2018
Once a month I put in all of that month’s cleaning time using a date range. Or you can enter one day at a time.

Examples:

June 1-30 : 30 hours pre and post cleaning
June 1-30: 5 hours book keeping
June 15th Host CPR and First Aid class for parents and subs, 10am-2pm
lovemykidstoo 05:14 AM 06-13-2018
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
Once a month I put in all of that month’s cleaning time using a date range. Or you can enter one day at a time.

Examples:

This is perfect. I tend to do the same things, same times of the week. Saturday mornings or Friday nights I do my weekend bookkeeping, every morning I set up, every night I tear down and pick up, Sundays I sanitize everything.
BrynleeJean 06:58 AM 09-21-2018
I'm going to start using it, but its free because I'm part of the food program. maybe look into that??

if i wasn't on the food program and kidkare wasn't free with it id be using MYMAX. they have a trial period as well, idk how expensive it is i haven't tried it but its all through your Alexa, Amazon Dot . so you are supposed to just tell alexa to tell mymax to record your time spend working.
maybe look into if you haven't. its like ilovemymax.com i think
LittleExplorers 07:12 AM 09-21-2018
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:

Examples:

Do you also log somewhere what days you did what amount of time? I was told we need that info even if we only do it for a few months for audit purposes. I have kidkare for the food program but with all the issues it has had I will not use it for more than the required things.
TomCopeland 01:07 PM 09-21-2018
Originally Posted by LittleExplorers:
Do you also log somewhere what days you did what amount of time? I was told we need that info even if we only do it for a few months for audit purposes. I have kidkare for the food program but with all the issues it has had I will not use it for more than the required things.
You do want to keep at least 2 months of careful records tracking all the hours you work in your home doing business activities. Use the average of these two months for the rest of the year. This will make a big difference in increasing your time-space % and reducing your taxes.
hwichlaz 01:29 PM 09-21-2018
Originally Posted by LittleExplorers:
I'm logging it in kidkare monthly. every single month.

I know what time I start preparing every morning, and what time I stop cleaning every night, and I multiply those by the number of business days that month. And my times ARE the same every day, because I'm unwilling to sacrifice family time. At 630 every night, I stop cleaning whether I'm done or not. That's when family time starts. And every morning I get up and sit with my coffee, and help my daughter get up for school...until 630am when another alarm goes off to get me started on preparing for the day.
Tags:kidkare
Reply Up