Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>No Call No Show To Interview Tonight
Breezy 07:39 PM 05-09-2012
A lady called for daycare for her 14 month old around 3pm. I was available for an interview around 5 so I sent her my handbook and everything to review since I wasnt able to have copies printed at such short notice.

Well, 5:00 came and went and I heard nothing from her. Really? 2 hours before I scheduled this interview and you cant show up? Jeeeez.
wdmmom 08:19 PM 05-09-2012
Because of routine No Call/No Shows, I got to the point where I tell them to call me when they are on their way for the address/directions. It definitely cuts down on the no shows.
Christian Mother 08:52 PM 05-09-2012
I do that too...I do that with CL also as I don't want anyone just popping in when ever.
DaisyMamma 04:08 AM 05-10-2012
People are so disrespectful!
saved4always 05:16 AM 05-10-2012
That stinks. I hate no call/no shows. Always drive myself crazy to make sure the house is as perfect as it can be (i.e. I make sure there is no dog hair floating around ) when I could have been relaxing and reading a good book. I am sorry that she wasted your time like that. That is so disrespectful.
Meeko 05:34 AM 05-10-2012
It happens to me at times. I try and get past the initial anger and think about how I actually wouldn't want someone so irresponsible as a client. They would be the payment/time/rule problem.

I email prospective clients my contract and handbook. Good clients have told me they loved how precise it was and how informative it was.

I am sure that some of my no shows read the contract and went "Dang it...this one insists on being paid on time....forget that!" and don't bother to call or show.
saved4always 05:39 AM 05-10-2012
Originally Posted by Meeko:
It happens to me at times. I try and get past the initial anger and think about how I actually wouldn't want someone so irresponsible as a client. They would be the payment/time/rule problem.

I email prospective clients my contract and handbook. Good clients have told me they loved how precise it was and how informative it was.

I am sure that some of my no shows read the contract and went "Dang it...this one insists on being paid on time....forget that!" and don't bother to call or show.
This is so true. It is most likely you were saved the trouble of having a client who did not respect you. I have to remind myself to look at things this way.
WDW 06:27 AM 05-10-2012

Good perspective. Wish I'd had it when I had this happen to me on a Saturday. I did say to my hubby if she can't respect my time when she wants a spot, she won't respect it at pick ups either... so probably not a good situation.
Blackcat31 06:46 AM 05-10-2012

I send out my contract and handbook info too but I do it AFTER the interview. I don't want to waste time if they aren't even going to be polite enough to show up.

I require my scheduled interviewees to call and confirm the day of their interview or I don't show up.

Breezy~ So sorry they no-showed you! That sucks.....hopefully she is'nt dumb enough to call you back looking to see if you still have the space.
Breezy 07:09 AM 05-10-2012
She was a ways away but wanted to come here anyhow so maybe in those 2 hours found someone closer to.interview with. Oh well, I have an interview tonight with a military family!
Creek 07:17 AM 05-10-2012
I can't stand that. I usually send my DH and DD out for that time as well, I have had it one time that no one showed up. I was not pleased. It's just so disrespectful. If you don't want to come - fine - no problem - but please call and let me know, send me an email even.

GL with your military family interview!!!

I have an interview for a 12m girl on Sunday morning. I have this odd feeling she won't show, lol, she better!
Reply Up