Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Covert Diaper Digger
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 10:05 AM 01-31-2018
Dcb is 2.5 and is digging. He only poops here about once a week, and if I don't catch it immediately, he is digging. Dcp say he does the same thing at home. We have been working on potty training for a bit (here and at home) and he has all the skills except recognizing/desire to go actually go to the potty.

Currently our potty/diaper routine is me telling him its time to go potty. He independently walks himself to the bathroom, pulls down pants and diaper and gets on the potty. He pees on the toilet about 75% of the time, but always sits on the potty and "tries". When he's done he gets off the potty himself, I change his diaper standing and he pulls his pants up himself, and we wash hands. His diaper is almost always wet no matter the schedule we go to the toilet, except for the occasional day when he holds his pee until nap time (including during toilet tries) then lets it all loose.

He does not seem interested (able?) to recognize and initiate the process himself yet, but I feel like all the ground work is there for when he is. So what do I do about this diaper digging?! Yesterday he hid in the playhouse and had a nice backside treasure hunt. I'm hesitant to require a one piece outfit because he poops here so infrequently, but is that the only way to stop this?
Tags:coxsackie, diaper digger, hfm, pinworms
Up